The Student Room Group
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website

uni of reading vs northumbria (newcastle) uni vs sheffield hallam

for psychology... i really want to be in a city but don't wanna sacrifice my education to do so. difficult choice.
Reply 1
also as a side note: i have unconditionals at reading and hallam but would have to go through clearing or ucas extra to go to northumbria
City campus, Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield Hallam University
Sheffield
Visit website
Reply 2
newcastle is a great city, and in my opinion, northumbria is a greatly underrated university. i cant comment on sheffield hallam but newcastle has got good cost of living, and northumbria has good accommodation.

if you want to take the risk, id say commit fully if youre sure youll get the grades and enjoy the city 🤷*♀️
Original post by Anonymous #1
for psychology... i really want to be in a city but don't wanna sacrifice my education to do so. difficult choice.

Hi there,

I can only comment on Sheffield Hallam but I thought I'd give you my input!

I really like Sheffield as a city as there is lots to do and there are lots of students here! Nights out are fun as there are lots of bars/clubs near each other and a big street full of them called West street where there are always lots of students and it's always a fun night. It's also cheap and there are always offers on.

If going out is not for you, there are also lots of other fun things to do in Sheffield- shopping (Meadowhall is a 5 minute train journey away), cinemas, bowling etc. There are also lots of really nice places to eat which are very well priced and popular with lots of students and in general I would say I've found there is a lot to do!

There are also lots of societies for everything you can think of which are fun and everyone I know in a society really enjoys it. One of my favourite things I did last year was go and watch the Hallam vs Uni of Sheffield varsity matches and these were so fun to watch and everyone got really involved. There is a big sense of team spirit here and all of the sports societies support each other.

I would suggest if you can, going to visit as many of your options as you can. Hallam is doing an applicant open day which I'm sure others will be doing too which is a great way to look around the city and get a feel for it and also look at accommodations and speak to other applicants. This is the link for the Hallam open day: https://www.shu.ac.uk/visit-us/undergraduate-applicant-open-days

I would also suggest that you use the 'chat to a student' feature that Hallam have where you can ask questions to a current student studying at Hallam. If you fill in these boxes: https://www.shu.ac.uk/study-here/student-chat
you will be connected to a current student studying psychology and they will be able to answer more specific questions about the course, modules, exams etc!

Good luck with your choice, I'm sure whichever you choose will be great!

I hope this helps,
Lucy -SHU student ambassador.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending