The Student Room Group

Open University BSc (Honours) Psychology degree student finance help?

Hiya

As of ten minutes ago, I have registered to go onto this course with the open university, I am completely new to this, but really want to do this alongside my (hopeful full time position as a support worker, got a verbal offer on thursday, no official written confirmation yet, but have several weeks to wait for the identification, crb, training, etc. to go through yet)

First things first...

I am still currently having to claim job seekers, do I need to tell student finance this? (or for that regard... the job centre? (as I am not sure when exactly my written confirmation will come through?)

What is this course classified as? full time distance learning?

thanks in advance :smile:
Reply 1
I'm not experienced enough to answer the question about job seekers

But the course is only defined as full time distance learning if you study at 120 credits per year, you must study at 25% of full time rate to be eligible for SF, which is 30 credits a year.
You won't be able to claim job seekers if your course is over 16 hours per week. Student finance don't need to know. The job centre do.
Reply 3
Okay :smile: thanks for that.. the course itself is only starting in October, and should be starting full time work in September.... is this going to be a problem?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending