The Student Room Group

Seeking Advice on Student Finance Refusal for Second Degree Funding

Hello,

I'm in need of some guidance regarding an issue I'm facing with Student Finance. Last year, I completed my university education and graduated with an ordinary degree. Recently, I decided to pursue studies in mathematics at the Open University. However, my application for a Tuition Fee Loan has been rejected by Student Finance. The reason provided was: "As you have previously studied a Degree without honours, you are not eligible to apply for a Tuition Fee Loan or a loan for living costs with us at Open University." I thought that Student Finance covers tuition fees for a second degree if the course is on the exception list. Mathematics, as far as I know, should fall under this category. Has anyone else experienced a similar situation? Could there be specific criteria that I'm missing, or is this a misunderstanding of the policy? Any advice, clarification, or shared experiences would be greatly appreciated.
Hi Kenstachy,

Can you confirm the full course name with course code? I can check that for you.

Thanks, Clare
Reply 2
Original post by SFE Clare
Hi Kenstachy,

Can you confirm the full course name with course code? I can check that for you.

Thanks, Clare

Hi, thank you for your answer
It is a BSc (Honours) Mathematics, Q31, Open University
Hi Kenstachy,

This course is classed as an exception to normal previous study rules at a part time intensity - if you can call us on 0300 100 0607 we can resolve this for you

Thanks,
Calum

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending