The Student Room Group
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester

Whitworth Park 2014

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Leah66
I have no idea! Just a normal one I guess

The new lad at work irish. Needless to say he is adored for his beautiful accent. :rolleyes: Although, it's infectious and all I hear is poor irish accents from everyone else :mad:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
Original post by MisserJonders
Just got my email, AB.02.15! Was starting to get a bit worried, everyone else seemed to have heard days ago :L

I think all the Whitworth Park ones only got sent out yesterday. :s-smilie:
Reply 22
Anyone in Whitworth Park (acomb)?
Reply 23
Just got an offer from Whitworth Park… and I'm sad. The thought of sharing a bathroom with, like 5-9 people makes me sad, and the bathrooms don't even lock, it's just a certain :frown:

I am not whiny, I am friendly, but rooms look so tiny, so does the kitchen (for 9 people!!) and no basin…and no privacy…

Sorry for all this negativity, there's no way to ask them for another offer right?
Original post by ucojm
Just got an offer from Whitworth Park… and I'm sad. The thought of sharing a bathroom with, like 5-9 people makes me sad, and the bathrooms don't even lock, it's just a certain :frown:

I am not whiny, I am friendly, but rooms look so tiny, so does the kitchen (for 9 people!!) and no basin…and no privacy…

Sorry for all this negativity, there's no way to ask them for another offer right?

Some people have found someone willing to swap and then contacted the accommodation office. You can also request to be transferred at the beginning of October: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/current-students/transfersandwithdrawal/
Reply 25
Original post by HandmadeTurnip
Some people have found someone willing to swap and then contacted the accommodation office. You can also request to be transferred at the beginning of October: http://www.accommodation.manchester.ac.uk/current-students/transfersandwithdrawal/

Thanks!
I hope it won't be as bad as I think, and the price is much lower than I expected it to be..
Me too! i'm i'n
BU.01.08 ??
:smile:
Di.01.14.110

Reply 28
I'm in Burleigh!! :smile:
Reply 29
Original post by silverstein23
Di.01.14.110

Di.01.14. Also
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 30
Hey all :biggrin: DI.G.22.175 here. Am I right thinking it goes (DI) = Dilworth House. (g) = Ground. (22) = Flat 22. (175) = Room 175.

I heard all ground is male. If so, my life sucks :frown:
Original post by ucojm

I've watched a couple of videos and the bathrooms don't lock, but everything is in cubicles so no one can get in the shower or the toilet while you are in it. If you don't like it though you can always ask for a transfer.
Original post by LiamTSR
Hey all :biggrin: DI.G.22.175 here. Am I right thinking it goes (DI) = Dilworth House. (g) = Ground. (22) = Flat 22. (175) = Room 175.

Dilworth, floor 2, flat 190 here +yep you're right :smile:

Copied this from Origami's thread:

Help I'm on the ground floor! Will I ever see a girl again?!

You will meet plenty of girls during your time at Whitworth, fear not! Girls are forever walking round the grounds and when you make friends I'm sure there will be plenty coming in and out of flat all the time. Last year, loads of the guys held pre drinks and parties in their flats and they usually became the main social hubs, especially as people gathered outside to meet each other before going out.
I think some guys liked them because it meant they could walk round in their boxers,play FIFA and have Star Wars movie marathons without the interruptions of girls :P:

...so I wouldn't worry x
Original post by StarRattler
I've watched a couple of videos and the bathrooms don't lock, but everything is in cubicles so no one can get in the shower or the toilet while you are in it. If you don't like it though you can always ask for a transfer.

There is no lock on the main door to the bathroom, but all the cubicles lock fine. It's just like public toilets.

Shared toilets are fine. The bathrooms are cleaned 2/3 times a week and you don't have to buy toilet paper. I think it's a bit weird that people refuse to share yet quite happily share at home, use toilets in shopping malls,restuarants etc and they will absolutely have to share maybe only one bathroom between the same amount of people in second year!
Reply 34
Original post by tillytots
There is no lock on the main door to the bathroom, but all the cubicles lock fine. It's just like public toilets.

Shared toilets are fine. The bathrooms are cleaned 2/3 times a week and you don't have to buy toilet paper. I think it's a bit weird that people refuse to share yet quite happily share at home, use toilets in shopping malls,restuarants etc and they will absolutely have to share maybe only one bathroom between the same amount of people in second year!

You are right, but sharing toilets and bathrooms with your family or friends that you are close with (in second year you move in with people you know and choose) is quite different from sharing it with random people you've never seen before. You don't know what to expect from them. It is all about trust..
Original post by ucojm
You are right, but sharing toilets and bathrooms with your family or friends that you are close with (in second year you move in with people you know and choose) is quite different from sharing it with random people you've never seen before. You don't know what to expect from them. It is all about trust..

You're going to be spending a year with them and you'll probably get to know them quite quickly.What can they do that's so bad in a bathroom? :s-smilie: I had more problems with cleanliness in the bathrooms of my second year house with people I know than first year where our bathrooms were cleaned all the time by cleaners. I dunno I find it such a trivial thing to get upset about.
Original post by brockles
Di.01.14. Also

Awesome :smile: Nice to 'meet' you.
Original post by LiamTSR

DI.G.22.171
Looks like we'll be in the same flat.
Reply 38
Original post by Ashraf438
DI.G.22.171
Looks like we'll be in the same flat.

Hey! Great to find someone in the same flat :biggrin: What you studying?
Original post by LiamTSR
Hey! Great to find someone in the same flat :biggrin: What you studying?

Mechanical Engineering, you?
BTW, this is good for finding people in the same flat: http://whitworthpark.co.uk/flatfinder.php
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending