Lol 2 hours on II 2009 Q4

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by physicsmaths

Posted from TSR Mobile

Don't you ever sleep?
Original post by TeeEm
Don't you ever sleep?

Nope. I sleep around 5hrs a day. This is even when I have no revision to do lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Nope. I sleep around 5hrs a day. This is even when I have no revision to do lol.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Original post by TeeEm

I could feel a picture coming haha.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

I found that question quite nice. The mechanics questions on the II 09 paper were really hard.
Original post by lllllllllll
I found that question quite nice. The mechanics questions on the II 09 paper were really hard.

Yh I went the long way. My method involved getting p'''' (x)........

Posted from TSR Mobile

Posted from TSR Mobile

what time do you normally wake up?
Original post by newblood
what time do you normally wake up?

Depends Init. Depends on when I go sleep. Normally 5 6 ish. Prob later today.

Posted from TSR Mobile
hi,
just wondering do you think its a good idea to save the 2014 papers for the day before?
also, is it just me or do the papers get tougher over time?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Okay, so this is asking for quite a lot.

My son just finished his first mock exam (STEP II 2010). We are from the US, so he has no guidance on how to answer the questions other than the Siklos booklets and the information I have passed on to him from these (very helpful) boards. I was wondering if there was anyone here who might be able and willing to look at his full set of answers and tell us if he is on the correct track and what they think his score might be. He was able to complete 6 answers in 2:50. He thinks he got full answers for 3 (#3, #4, and #7) and partial answers fro 3 (#1, #2, and #8), but we have literally no idea how to assess the marks.

We would be very grateful to anyone who would be willing to take the time to look at his answers.
Original post by jbrook
hi,
just wondering do you think its a good idea to save the 2014 papers for the day before?
also, is it just me or do the papers get tougher over time?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Personally, I wouldn't do a paper the day before the exam. You'll be tiring yourself out and depleting energy. Worst case scenario; the paper goes badly and it really knocks your confidence, without you having time to reflect on the paper. Then you go into the real thing more anxious.
Maybe you could look over some questions the day before, think about solutions and maybe check what would be correct. Maybe you could just refamiliarise yourself with key formulae. But nothing too serious. Just my view, I'm sure others would disagree.

Yeah I think the papers get a bit harder. Certainly early 2000s and 1990s are easier than more recent years in general terms. It's rare to get super easy or super short questions anymore.
Original post by gsckmom
Okay, so this is asking for quite a lot.

My son just finished his first mock exam (STEP II 2010). We are from the US, so he has no guidance on how to answer the questions other than the Siklos booklets and the information I have passed on to him from these (very helpful) boards. I was wondering if there was anyone here who might be able and willing to look at his full set of answers and tell us if he is on the correct track and what they think his score might be. He was able to complete 6 answers in 2:50. He thinks he got full answers for 3 (#3, #4, and #7) and partial answers fro 3 (#1, #2, and #8), but we have literally no idea how to assess the marks.

We would be very grateful to anyone who would be willing to take the time to look at his answers.

You should upload his work here now. The earliest I can look at it properly is Thursday, when I will be finished with Uni exams which are non-trivial. I am sure someone else will beat me to it though.
I scanned it. The scan is 7.5 MB (too big too attach here), so I uploaded to dropbox: http://bit.ly/1QiIs9I

Thank you to anyone for taking the time to look it over.

Sincerely.
(edited 8 years ago)
Anyone think were allowed to use the theorem of generating functions? For homogeneous linear fecurrence relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Anyone think were allowed to use the theorem of generating functions? For homogeneous linear fecurrence relations.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Usually recurrence relations are broken into parts, so that the examiner can sort of guide us through the problem using their method. So i don't think using an alternative method would get many marks, especially when its completely different to the method the question is guiding you towards.

This is also because the recurrence relation questions have been carefully designed so that at certain points the only way through is by getting an insight. Using standard methods to break the problem wouldn't show the insights they may want to see.
Original post by Brubeckian
I honestly thought 2011 III was one of the easier ones. Something weird seems to have happened in 2011 :P

I agree with that. It was easier than usual.
Have a couple of questions with STEP 3 2014 Q3

Spoiler

(edited 8 years ago)
Spoiler please.
I have not looked at this paper at all.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lnlmessi
Have a couple of questions with STEP 3 2014 Q3

The general consensus on this thread is to spoiler queries relating to the more recent papers that people are using as mocks. So normally 2010-2011+.

I'm sure you did it acidentally, so just edit your post and all'll be okay. :smile:
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by lnlmessi
load of stuff about the most recent paper, **** we don't want to see

Spoiler.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending