The Student Room Group
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website

Brighton! Help me please!

Hey everyone! :biggrin:
I'm new to TSR, so apologies in advance if I have posted this on the wrong section.:P To be perfectly honest and concise, I am desperate to sort out my university stuff but am very confused as to what to do and when... So any help will be greatly appreciated!

I struggle with numerous mental health disorders, which have been hell for the last few months, but on Sunday I created an amazing personal statement and sent it through to UCAS. The day after (Monday) I called them up for my ID and started making some calls. The offer I'm interested in through clearing was from Brighton to study Geography, but now I am utterly lost as to what I should be doing... I feel like I've blacked out...

I have received a verbal offer from Brighton, I wish to accept it and really need some assistance in understanding how to accept officially and how to begin with student finance and accommodation.

Once again my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I'm trying extremely hard here and am determined to do this! I know my mental health is appalling presently, but I am enthusiastic that my mind will clear once I'm away from the problems at home.

Thanks again!
Kind Regards.
M.
Reply 1
Anyone? :?
Students at University of Brighton, Checkland
University of Brighton
Brighton
Visit website
Call up Brighton admissions if you're having problems accepting your offer. They may ask you to call UCAS.

In regards to student finance, you should sign up to SFE as soon as possible so that you can get funding on time.

If you have facebook, join the Brighton Freshers 2014-2015 group to see what accommodation you can find. There are also house hunting events. I'm not sure if you'll be able to get into halls but call brighton accommodation up and ask. There's even a hashtag on twitter, where Brighton students are trying to find houses.

I'll post phone numbers and websites here when I find them.

I hope I've helped :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Admissions: Email [email protected]
Tel 01273 644644

UCAS: 0371 468 0 468

Accommodation:
[h="3"]Brighton Accommodation Office[/h]Email [email protected]
Tel 01273 644100

[h="3"]Eastbourne Accommodation Office[/h]Email [email protected]Tel 01273 643848 or 643810
[h="4"]Hastings Accommodation Office[/h]Email [email protected]Tel 01273 644631 or 641787

Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442354455892031/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1402373376695747/
Original post by WorldPharmacist
Admissions: Email [email protected]
Tel 01273 644644

UCAS: 0371 468 0 468

Accommodation:
Brighton Accommodation Office

Email [email protected]
Tel 01273 644100

Thank you
Eastbourne Accommodation Office

Email [email protected]Tel 01273 643848 or 643810
Hastings Accommodation Office

Email [email protected]Tel 01273 644631 or 641787

Facebook groups: https://www.facebook.com/groups/442354455892031/
https://www.facebook.com/groups/1402373376695747/

Thank you WorldPharmacist !
Original post by mac5
Hey everyone! :biggrin:
I'm new to TSR, so apologies in advance if I have posted this on the wrong section.:P To be perfectly honest and concise, I am desperate to sort out my university stuff but am very confused as to what to do and when... So any help will be greatly appreciated!

I struggle with numerous mental health disorders, which have been hell for the last few months, but on Sunday I created an amazing personal statement and sent it through to UCAS. The day after (Monday) I called them up for my ID and started making some calls. The offer I'm interested in through clearing was from Brighton to study Geography, but now I am utterly lost as to what I should be doing... I feel like I've blacked out...
I have received a verbal offer from Brighton, I wish to accept it and really need some assistance in understanding how to accept officially and how to begin with student finance and accommodation.

Once again my apologies if this is in the wrong forum, I'm trying extremely hard here and am determined to do this! I know my mental health is appalling presently, but I am enthusiastic that my mind will clear once I'm away from the problems at home.

Thanks again!
Kind Regards.
M.

Hi Mac5

Welcome to the student room! And congratulations on your offer - great news :smile: What are you going to study?

My advice is this - don't panic. It's really common to feel a bit overwhelmed at this point. The really short answer to this question is that once you accept your place, we will email you with all the details of what to do next... longer answer coming up shortly!

Best Wishes
Viv
Original post by mac5
Anyone? :?

Part 2,
Longer answer

How to accept your Clearing offer
Instructions here
http://www.brighton.ac.uk/clearing/accepting-your-offer.aspx

If you have any worries about this process or questions, please don't hesitate to give our admissions team ring. You can email if you prefer but i expect calling will be quicker
Email [email protected]Tel 01273 644644
Our opening hours (UK time)

Monday to Thursday 9am–5pm

Friday 9am–4.30pm

Accommodation
In short, it is unlikely that there will be any rooms left in halls. On the upside, there is a whole team of accommodation experts who can help you find private accommodation. We also offer househunting events and facebook groups where you can get to know other students and search for accommodation together. We will email you about this with all the links when you accept your offer but check out our 'next steps' info. http://www.brighton.ac.uk/clearing/next-steps.aspx
It covers student finance, accommodation and more.

The third thing is that there is great support on offer for students at Brighton, including for students with mental health issues. A couple of my friends used this service while they were here ( I graduated last summer) and they were really happy with the support they received. Check out this link to find out how we can help (there is alot of really positive info here!) http://www.brighton.ac.uk/studying-here/applying-to-brighton/advice-for-students/mental-health-issues.aspx

Finally, Brighton and the University of Brighton is a really friendly place and everyone is here to help each other succeed :smile:

Let me know how you get on!

Best Wishes
Viv
Reply 7
WOW! Great responses!

@WorldPharmacist:
That is an amazing response to my thread, thank you very much for all of the advice, I shall follow it swiftly! I don't really have a Facebook account, but it's about time I join again! I would have never thought FB would help me. :P

@UniversityOfBrigton:
Thank you! I've been offered to study Geography at Brighton and look very forward in doing so! My UCAS track currently says Brighton is "currently considering" my application, I will call them up again, speak to Dr.Roger Smith and see if he can put it through sooner. I have calmed down and started to focus, but the whole accommodation problem seems very worrying... I know I'm not actually reading for university without a decent halls...
Original post by mac5
WOW! Great responses!

@WorldPharmacist:
That is an amazing response to my thread, thank you very much for all of the advice, I shall follow it swiftly! I don't really have a Facebook account, but it's about time I join again! I would have never thought FB would help me. :P

@UniversityOfBrigton:
Thank you! I've been offered to study Geography at Brighton and look very forward in doing so! My UCAS track currently says Brighton is "currently considering" my application, I will call them up again, speak to Dr.Roger Smith and see if he can put it through sooner. I have calmed down and started to focus, but the whole accommodation problem seems very worrying... I know I'm not actually reading for university without a decent halls...

Hello mac5

Hopefully you've seen my other messages by now ... sorry I've been offline for a few hours.
Repeat after me 'I am not alone!'
Yes do call - you can also call admissions (you've got the number) as they can access your application too. It depends whether you have already been made a Clearing offer or whether you are waiting for us to make you an offer... either way the enquiries team can help.
You can't sort you accommodation until your place is confirmed so go through the steps one by one.

And yes - facebook will help you here (even if you aren't really using it atm) there is lots of activity with students making friends and offering rooms in shared houses. The wonders of the internet in action ... I am sure that your stress levels will reduce when you see that other people are in the same boat - looking for accommodation but also looking to make friends too :smile:

On that sweet note, good luck and don't hesitate to get in touch if you need anything else.

Best Wishes
Viv

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending