The Student Room Group

clearing

If I've applied and been accepted in universities for chemistry, and I make the grades, can I still apply for another degree through clearing, and if I don't get accepted, can I still go to the original unis for the original subject?
Original post by vikrmmn
If I've applied and been accepted in universities for chemistry, and I make the grades, can I still apply for another degree through clearing, and if I don't get accepted, can I still go to the original unis for the original subject?

No. To enter clearing, you must hold no offers. That means you must give up your firm/insurance. Once it's gone, it's gone. If you exceeded your firm offer, you could have gone for adjustment and kept it, but the window for that has closed now.
Reply 2
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
No. To enter clearing, you must hold no offers. That means you must give up your firm/insurance. Once it's gone, it's gone. If you exceeded your firm offer, you could have gone for adjustment and kept it, but the window for that has closed now.

This is for next year, I've just completed my AS levels
Original post by vikrmmn
This is for next year, I've just completed my AS levels

OK, then, same answer except that you have 5 days for adjustment.
Reply 4
Original post by Carnationlilyrose
OK, then, same answer except that you have 5 days for adjustment.

So I can have my original place for Chem as a back up in case I don't get a new place through adjustment?
Reply 5
Original post by vikrmmn
So I can have my original place for Chem as a back up in case I don't get a new place through adjustment?

If you go through Adjustment and don't find an alternative course then yes, you keep your original firm.

However, you only qualify for Adjustment if you exceed your firm offer conditions.
Original post by vikrmmn

Yes, as long as you meet and exceed your firm. Just meeting bits of it or just meeting it and no more doesn't count. You have to do better.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending