The Student Room Group

Why do friendships turn into relationships?

What are the reasons behind this? How does it happen? Why does it happen?
I mean, I have heard about things like this in the past but I have never quite understood the logic. Lol.
I think it's one of two things:

1) As they get to know one another more and more, they discover a side to them that they never knew, and this side is particularly attractive

2) They notice that their presence+comfort they provide makes them happy and they realise that this person could be their boyfriend/girlfriend
I honestly don't know why but I wouldn't recommend it as it's difficult to remain friends after a break up especially if you still have feelings for the other person and they've moved on.
Original post by Anonymous
What are the reasons behind this? How does it happen? Why does it happen?
I mean, I have heard about things like this in the past but I have never quite understood the logic. Lol.

When Friendship grows to level 25 by gaining experience in battle, it turns into Relationships through evolution. This usually happens directly after the battle ends and you'll receive a notification as it's about to happen. Nobody's really sure why it happens, but many pokémon professors have devoted their lives to this process.

(If you think your friendship is too valuable and you don't want to risk things changing too much with relationships, you can cancel the change by holding down the B button. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time Friendship levels up.)
(edited 9 years ago)
This does happen but it's usually quite rare. Much more common for one side to have feelings and the other to not reciprocate. I'd have loved the opportunity to date my best friend but was never interested :/ When I think back though, if we had entered a relationship and broken up, I would have found it v. difficult to move on. You are so much more invested in someone if you've had time to know them as a friend.
Reply 5
It happened with me and my partner. We were best friends for a while but we always knew we had feelings for each other. He's the only friend I've ever had feelings for but have had a few friends that liked me.

I wouldn't say its too common for friendships to turn into relationships mainly because only one in the friendship likes the other or because they are too scared it could wreck the friendship if the relationship fails, which usually happens. I think some friendships do morph into relationships though because of the security, closeness and attraction you can have for someone when you have known them a while and feel like yourself around them. I don't think you could fall for just anyone that you become that close to, there's usually a spark and attraction at the beginning that you either don't fully notice or you try and hide because you don't think they feel the same or you don't want to ruin the friendship.
Posted from TSR Mobile
The best relationships start with a friendship. Your partner shouldn't just be your partner, they should also be your best friend IMO.

I guess it's just the more you get to know someone the more you fall for them, that's been my experience in the past anyway.
Reply 7
Original post by 99DeadBaboons
When Friendship grows to level 25 by gaining experience in battle, it turns into Relationships through evolution. This usually happens directly after the battle ends and you'll receive a notification as it's about to happen. Nobody's really sure why it happens, but many pokémon professors have devoted their lives to this process.

(If you think your friendship is too valuable and you don't want to risk things changing too much with relationships, you can cancel the change by holding down the B button. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time Friendship levels up.)

:rofl: bloody hell!
Original post by kayleighisonfire
I honestly don't know why but I wouldn't recommend it as it's difficult to remain friends after a break up especially if you still have feelings for the other person and they've moved on.

Agreed. On one hand going out with someone you start out as a friend with is great, because they probably share your friends. They get the jokes, and they generally like the same stuff. And then you break up, and it's awkward and horrible.
Original post by King Max
Agreed. On one hand going out with someone you start out as a friend with is great, because they probably share your friends. They get the jokes, and they generally like the same stuff. And then you break up, and it's awkward and horrible.

Yeah that part of it is great because you're more than likely going to have the same group of friends but when you've had an argument when you're seeing the group of friends later that day it's awkward. It is horrible, when it happened to me our friends took my side and then I felt bad.
Reply 10
Original post by 99deadbaboons
when friendship grows to level 25 by gaining experience in battle, it turns into relationships through evolution. This usually happens directly after the battle ends and you'll receive a notification as it's about to happen. Nobody's really sure why it happens, but many pokémon professors have devoted their lives to this process.

(if you think your friendship is too valuable and you don't want to risk things changing too much with relationships, you can cancel the change by holding down the b button. Unfortunately, you'll have to do this every time friendship levels up.)

it's over 9000!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending