The Student Room Group

A level subject help!

Currently chosen history, eng lit and psychology. Plan was to do Biology but I only got 1 B in sciences, so did not meet the entry requirements. What other subject would you recommend? I got a B in Both maths and French so these are what I'm contemplating but I don't enjoy these subjects particularly :/ Would you recommend maths/French or should I stay away if u don't enjoy them? What other subjects might be an option for me?

Posted from TSR Mobile
I would suggest English Language, Sociology or Philosophy perhaps? These subjects all fit in with your chosen subjects well, things like media studies could be considered too if your college offers them! I would not suggest Maths if you only got a B, as it is a very difficult a level subject, a friend I know got an A at GCSE and a D at A level, I got an A* and got an A this year. Languages are very time consuming and challenging aswell, if you don't enjoy them as you said then it's best to just avoid those subjects!
Ask your head of sixth form -they'll know what's best for you, some colleges allow you to do three, if you can't decide on a fourth this could be an option for you.
Good luck:biggrin:
Languages are a brilliant A level if you're willing to put the effort in, which I'm sure you will, I took French and German at AS and it was far too much, I didn't do badly but the workload is massive, even for just one language, so I'd say only do French if you really enjoy it (it is the best language by far).
Definitely don't do maths or french if you don't really enjoy them as they are both very challenging. Other subjects you could consider would be subjects like philosophy, sociology, geography, politics ect. Just do something you'll enjoy as most universities aren't really bothered about your fourth choice

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest