The Student Room Group

James Foley death staged according to forensic experts

James Foley death is a hoax and yet again another propaganda for the US to bomb Iraq.

[video="youtube;UE2aQylhaBw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE2aQylhaBw[/video]

There are many discrepancies with that Foley video that I noticed. Here are some of them:
1) Professionally produced video (most are on cell phones)
2) The lack of any wind or background noise (like it was on a sound stage)
3) The cheesy 'Hollywood style' bad guy
4) The educated terrorist with a distinct British accent
5) The video is in English with Arabic subtitles (normally is is the opposite)
6) The very calm demeanor of the "victim"
7) The very casual atmosphere of the executioner and victim
8) The fade to black once they started (this is the biggest oddity because they ALWAYS feature the most gruesome part - that is the point of it)
9) The most sadistic group in the Middle East makes a beheading video PG-13?
10) The scene of the body (stills are not as convincing as video)
11) The calm demeanor of the "next victim" who supposedly just watched a friend get decapitated
12) The bad guy had no blood on him (beheading is very messy)
13) When the bad guy started "sawing" - absolutely no blood is visible
14) The reaction of the parents is pretty much "ho hum, our son died" (reminds me of Sandy Hook parents)
(edited 9 years ago)

Scroll to see replies

its on youtube so it must be true.
Reply 2
Cool story, bro.
It's tinfoil hat time.
According to another expert the murder took place in Syria, so why would they use this as an excuse to bomb Iraq? :s-smilie:
Most of the other points are circumstantial and can have reasonable explanations, some are just plain silly - many legit terrorists are well educated, for example, but point 13 is all you need to know that the footage is faked at least in part.

You simply cannot drag a large serrated hunter's knife back and forth twelve or more times across someone's throat without drawing blood, eliciting a reaction, or displacing the skin on the neck. Can't be done. We all know that if we just think for ourselves - no matter what our headwear, thunder_chunky.

So it's reasonable to question the whole story. Why would legitimate terrorists bother to fake any part of such a supposedly serious, indeed holy execution?
The length of the video is nine minutes eleven seconds - 9/11!!!

Conspiracy!!!
I'm with him on the beheading, but he doesn't help his credibility with the ridiculous claim that Santa doesn't exist. Or the gay hair.
Original post by Skip_Snip
The length of the video is nine minutes eleven seconds - 9/11!!!

Conspiracy!!!

Somewhere, David Icke is in his cocoon stirring in his sleep as his lizard guardians stand guard.
I see no evidence that "forensic experts" have said the video is fake. It's some random bloke with a youtube channel.

This is not the time for crackpot conspiracy theories. And there are plenty of reasons to bomb ISIS even without their brutal murder of an innocent journalist.
Original post by Elmi
James Foley death is a hoax and yet again another propaganda for the US to bomb Iraq.

[video="youtube;UE2aQylhaBw"]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UE2aQylhaBw[/video]

There are many discrepancies with that Foley video that I noticed. Here are some of them:
1) Professionally produced video (most are on cell phones)
2) The lack of any wind or background noise (like it was on a sound stage)
3) The cheesy 'Hollywood style' bad guy
4) The educated terrorist with a distinct British accent
5) The video is in English with Arabic subtitles (normally is is the opposite)
6) The very calm demeanor of the "victim"
7) The very casual atmosphere of the executioner and victim
8) The fade to black once they started (this is the biggest oddity because they ALWAYS feature the most gruesome part - that is the point of it)
9) The most sadistic group in the Middle East makes a beheading video PG-13?
10) The scene of the body (stills are not as convincing as video)
11) The calm demeanor of the "next victim" who supposedly just watched a friend get decapitated
12) The bad guy had no blood on him (beheading is very messy)
13) When the bad guy started "sawing" - absolutely no blood is visible
14) The reaction of the parents is pretty much "ho hum, our son died" (reminds me of Sandy Hook parents)

1 - ISIS produce a lot of propaganda videos and it isn't that hard for them to make a professional looking video. All they need is a decent laptop and the right software.

2 - by the looks of it it's in a desert area. It's not next to a road or anything - what background noise would there be?

3 - so?

4 - about 500 people from Britain are fighting for ISIS.

5 - not surprising, considering it's a propaganda video aimed primarily at the west. Other propaganda videos are aimed at people in Syria and Iraq.

6 and 7 - do you have any idea how you would behave and react if you were in that situation?

8 - I haven't seen the full original video, but there are plenty of edited versions of it than censor that part. Are you sure the original video doesn't show it?

9 - I haven't seen the original video. Are you sure the original had "PG-13" on it? And that wouldn't be very strong evidence even if it did.

10 - what about the scene of the body?

11 - see 6 and 7

12 and 13 - again I haven't seen the original video.

14 - a bit like 6 and 7. What exactly do parents whose son has just been beheaded look like exactly? I don't know. And I don't know anyone who does.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 11
Original post by RFowler
I see no evidence that "forensic experts" have said the video is fake. It's some random bloke with a youtube channel.

This is not the time for crackpot conspiracy theories. And there are plenty of reasons to bomb ISIS even without their brutal murder of an innocent journalist.

http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4186089.ece
Reply 12
Original post by RFowler
1 - ISIS produce a lot of propaganda videos and it isn't that hard for them to make a professional looking video. All they need is a decent laptop and the right software.

2 - by the looks of it it's in a desert area. It's not next to a road or anything - what background noise would there be?

3 - so?

4 - about 500 people from Britain are fighting for ISIS.

5 - not surprising, considering it's a propaganda video aimed primarily at the west. Other propaganda videos are aimed at people in Syria and Iraq.

6 and 7 - do you have any idea how you would behave and react if you were in that situation?

8 - I haven't seen the full original video, but there are plenty of edited versions of it than censor that part. Are you sure the original video doesn't show it?

9 - I haven't seen the original video. Are you sure the original had "PG-13" on it? And that wouldn't be very strong evidence even if it did.

10 - what about the scene of the body?

11 - see 6 and 7

14 - a bit like 6 and 7. What exactly do parents whose son has just been beheaded look like exactly? I don't know. And I don't know anyone who does.

We're talking about a forensic expert saying that the beheading was staged.

1) I don't think IS would use high technology to record a 5 min footage

2) Wind

4) Another lie from the mainstream media to brainwash people

Here are further discrepancies :

01) The killer didn't start his speech with "Bismillahi rahmani rahim"
02) There is no black flag in the video
03) Foley is far too calm for someone who knows he is about to have his head cut off
04) No "Allahu akbar"
05) "Killer" has an accent from NW London which conveniently has the largest Jewish population in the UK
06) Foley has been outed as a CIA asset by former US Intelligence Agent Scott Rickard which explains why he keeps popping up in US proxy war situations
07) His family didn't seem upset at news of his death on their TV interviews
08) Since when have IS been shy about showing the actual beheading of their victims?
09) Facial bone structure of "decapitated" head is different than Foley whilst alive
10) When have IS ever used graphical and audio effects in their videos?
11) Remember Foley was captured and released by Gadaffi, then went "missing" in Syria and the US govt spent the last few months claiming Assad took him. Now we are supposed to believe Assad handed him over to IS?
12) A big give away of the staged level of this is the orange suit. Where do IS get a bright orange American jail style suit from? Seems like a perfect video to shock USA audiences into being Ok with another war.
Orange suit in a war zone people! (Stolen from Obamas Guantanamo?)
13) IS always used the black flags in their videos, and always finish with Allahu Akbar screaming.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 13

Well okay, perhaps the actual video itself was fake, but where on that page does it suggest that it was a US orchestrated hoax exactly??

And I'm sorry, but you cannot seriously be using that youtube video as genuine evidence here, I actually think that guy might be insane (I mean what was all that paranoid bs about the name Foley???), just madness. That's the problem with conspiracy theorists, they add 2 and 2 together and get 10, they see a piece of evidence and without any rational thinking or consideration for other, less unlikely possibilities construe in a way to suit their loony agenda. And by the looks of things, this guy has just simply seen a news headline that forensic scientists may have proved it was staged and instantly jumped to conclusions based on nothing but his own paranoid beliefs that that must mean it was staged by the US, when there has been absolutely no suggestion of that by the work of the forensic scientists.

Like already said, I really don't think the US would need anymore justification to act upon IS.
Reply 14
Original post by Olie
Well okay, perhaps the actual video itself was fake, but where on that page does it suggest that it was a US orchestrated hoax exactly??

And I'm sorry, but you cannot seriously be using that youtube video as genuine evidence here, I actually think that guy might be insane (I mean what was all that paranoid bs about the name Foley???), just madness. That's the problem with conspiracy theorists, they add 2 and 2 together and get 10, they see a piece of evidence and without any rational thinking or consideration for other, less unlikely possibilities construe in a way to suit their loony agenda. And by the looks of things, this guy has just simply seen a news headline that forensic scientists may have proved it was staged and instantly jumped to conclusions based on nothing but his own paranoid beliefs that that must mean it was staged by the US, when there has been absolutely no suggestion of that by the work of the forensic scientists.

Like already said, I really don't think the US would need anymore justification to act upon IS.

Conspiracy or not, there are plenty of evidence that show the propaganda and new world order being established by the US and Israel to counter 'terrorism' in order to invade all Muslim lands. That is why the mainstream media is full of bs to the point that they made israel the victims during 1000+ casualties in gaza. It always has to be a conspiracy theory when the obvious is pointed out.
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 15
I think you may be onto something, OP. The Jewish Zionist American media has been planning this for a long time.

Posted from TSR Mobile
http://www.thetimes.co.uk/tto/news/uk/article4186089.ece

Love the way the Times Defence Editor spins this to try and maintain control of the dialog among the skeptical and free-thinking,

"Footage of James Foley’s death at the hands of a man with a London accent provided a powerful propaganda tool for Islamic State"

-- Sure, the world looked on and said, those ISIS guys are cool! That's why *they* faked the beheading. Makes sense to me. Droool.
Original post by RFowler

I like your style.

The full original cuts away before any injury, but after the knife has been dragged back and forth across the guy's throat a dozen times. Big F.O. knife. Big F.O. fake.
The truth is that we can't know one way or another until either (a) the body turns up and is definitively DNA-confirmed or (b) James Foley turns up alive and well.

Although some of the points put forward to say it's all a fake are thin, there is no objective reason to believe that IS, who are quite sophisticated in some ways, are not able themselves to stage fakes of various kinds in order to apply pressure to western audiences. At the same time, we also know they are quite happy carrying out executions, so there also isn't a strong reason to believe they wouldn't do this kind of thing.
Although the video looks like pure bull****, it seems improbable that US govt would feel the need to provide anymore justification for Iraqi intervention. But at the same time, why would James Foley be held by ISIS kidnappers? Moving between al-Assad's forces to ISIS, two completely opposed groups, seems hard to believe.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending