The Student Room Group

How easy is it to go from ABCC to ABBC/ABBB at A2?

I really need at least ABB for the university courses I wish to apply for.

I am getting one of my papers for one of the Cs remarked (it comprised of an A in one and an E in the one I'm getting remarked which seems odd :/)
Anyway, if nothing changes I plan to retake the exam I got an E in.
I was predicted an A in that subject for AS so I'm pretty annoyed.

Anyhow, will it be possible to go up at least one grade in one subject at A2?
I'm really starting to panic!
That should be a doable task, if you put the work in. It is one thing saying improving from an E to a good grade in one exam, but you really need to get down to the root causes of your difficulty with that paper's subject content, and really focus on it. You can do it though; anyone can if they work hard enough.
Reply 2
Original post by lachachacha
I really need at least ABB for the university courses I wish to apply for.

I am getting one of my papers for one of the Cs remarked (it comprised of an A in one and an E in the one I'm getting remarked which seems odd :/)
Anyway, if nothing changes I plan to retake the exam I got an E in.
I was predicted an A in that subject for AS so I'm pretty annoyed.

Anyhow, will it be possible to go up at least one grade in one subject at A2?
I'm really starting to panic!

This year I managed to go up from ABB in AS to AAA in A level. It is certainly doable. If you have your results to hand have a look at what percentage you got in exams. If you're handy with numbers you can do a little bit of maths to figure out overall percentages and what change in mark you would need to get a particular grade overall. Usually 60% is a C, 70% is a B, 80% is an A and 90% in A2 exams provided you had an A in your AS overall. (The A* mark is a little confusing)

It certainly is not something you should be panicking about. Just take it easy and really think about what you want to improve and how you're going to do it.

If you need a hand feel free to ask me.

Quick Reply

Latest