The Student Room Group

please help - application/ ucas

Hi,
I’m in year 13 and for context, I moved schools at the beginning of year 13 and I want to apply for pharmacy. Since I was new to the school, I obviously had to do more exams to get an accurate predicted grade. I got predicted ABBB (A in maths and B in chem bio and further maths) and I sent my application already for universities with entry requirements of ABB- BBB. However, today I talked to my tutor and we were talking about goals for the feb mock and I noticed she wrote my chemistry grade as a C and it turns out my chemistry teacher decided to change my B prediction to a C prediction and never explicitly told me he’s changing my grade so right now I know that all of my universities with decline my offer as they all need at least B in chem and it’s way too late to change my choices to foundation years since the UCAS deadline is tomorrow. I really don’t know what to do and I’m super upset.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 1
Original post by dianaelong
Hi,
I’m in year 13 and for context, I moved schools at the beginning of year 13 and I want to apply for pharmacy. Since I was new to the school, I obviously had to do more exams to get an accurate predicted grade. I got predicted ABBB (A in maths and B in chem bio and further maths) and I sent my application already for universities with entry requirements of ABB- BBB. However, today I talked to my tutor and we were talking about goals for the feb mock and I noticed she wrote my chemistry grade as a C and it turns out my chemistry teacher decided to change my B prediction to a C prediction and never explicitly told me he’s changing my grade so right now I know that all of my universities with decline my offer as they all need at least B in chem and it’s way too late to change my choices to foundation years since the UCAS deadline is tomorrow. I really don’t know what to do and I’m super upset.

If you sent your application less than 14 days ago, then you can substitute your choices for more suitable ones. Please be quick though, there's just over two hours until the Equal Consideration deadline.
Hi,

First things first - your UCAS predictions aren’t necessarily the same as your local school predictions, they can have different predictions internally to what goes to UCAS.

So speak to your ucas advisor at school to ask specifically what predictions went to UCAS.

Once you know then ring each of your universities and ask of they’ll consider you for foundation year entry if they’re unable to make an offer for year 1. Don’t assume that ABBC predictions would be an automatic rejection for ABB courses.

I would NOT recommend substituting your choices in a panic today. Worst case scenario you’re still predicted above the required grades for your choices.
(edited 2 months ago)
Reply 3
Hi,

i would say to speak to your chemistry teacher, because teachers want to give us predicted grades that will enable us to get into the universities we want. speak to them and show them you dedication to try and up your predicted grade (although it may be too late now as ucas deadline is gone)
Reply 4
Sensible advice above from PQ as always - essentially, don't panic, you will probably still get some offers.

And. If you dont, there will be places available for MPharm in Extra and Clearing. Remember, it doesnt matter where you study Pharmacy as all courses are accredited by the GPhC as equal and all qualify you as a Pharmacist.
Reply 5
Hi
Firstly as easy as it is to say don't stress
What is meat to be will be
So i was in a similar position
But i was told that the predicted grades dont need to be the same as the grades that are needed for the degree
For example if its AAB some unis want at least a ABC at the time
Get into contact with the unis that you have applied to and see what they have to say
Good luck x

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending