The Student Room Group

Will universities know? Third year A level success stories!!!

Will universities know that I've restarted my whole AS if my old college doesn't cash in my results?

Also, please share any success stories if you've been doing a-levels for more than 2 years! myself and others could do with the motivation!
I had some pretty rough times during my 1st and 2nd year at college, i don't wanna delve too much into it but i needed spinal surgery during my second year. My second year results were predictably bad- and this is all i had for my 2 years at college:

A-level Chemistry- C
AS Physics - C
AS psychology - D
A-level Biology- E
AS level Maths- U

So ye i did an extra year and retook A2 chemistry and retook AS maths along side doing A2 maths. I also continued Physics. I applied to university regardless of poor grades and got offered BBB to study chemistry at Reading, along with a few other offers at other uni's; Keele, Bangor,NTU. So ye i worked my ass off this year to improve those grades(especially my maths grade). I ended up acing my core maths exams with a mixture of A*'s A's and B's but i messed up on 1 module(D1!!!).

My results this year:
Chemistry- B
Physics- B
Maths- B

Got accepted into Reading and i start late September :smile: So happy
Original post by cuckoo99
I had some pretty rough times during my 1st and 2nd year at college, i don't wanna delve too much into it but i needed spinal surgery during my second year. My second year results were predictably bad- and this is all i had for my 2 years at college:

A-level Chemistry- C
AS Physics - C
AS psychology - D
A-level Biology- E
AS level Maths- U

So ye i did an extra year and retook A2 chemistry and retook AS maths along side doing A2 maths. I also continued Physics. I applied to university regardless of poor grades and got offered BBB to study chemistry at Reading, along with a few other offers at other uni's; Keele, Bangor,NTU. So ye i worked my ass off this year to improve those grades(especially my maths grade). I ended up acing my core maths exams with a mixture of A*'s A's and B's but i messed up on 1 module(D1!!!).

My results this year:
Chemistry- B
Physics- B
Maths- B

Got accepted into Reading and i start late September :smile: So happy

Wow, congratulations! What course?
Original post by fire.of.my.loins
Will universities know that I've restarted my whole AS if my old college doesn't cash in my results?

Also, please share any success stories if you've been doing a-levels for more than 2 years! myself and others could do with the motivation!

If your old college was a uk state school, they have to cash in.
Based on your date of birth and your pending A level results your university will know you are a year older than someone with a regular uk education and will want to know what you were doing with that extra year if you try to hide it.
There is no harm in a false start to A levels and you ought to be able to spin it very positively if you turn things around with your second chance.

I have family members at Southampton, Cardiff and Portsmouth who all took 3 years to get there.

Posted from TSR Mobile
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by fire.of.my.loins
Wow, congratulations! What course?

Chemistry with a year in industry :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest