The Student Room Group

I have been kicked out of my uni What should I do?

I’ve just had an email, for my BA accounting & finance course. I didn’t do well in the exams and from my resit in august this is what I have been sent today BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance 2FT09
I am sorry to have to convey to you that the September 2023 Examination Board decided that you have not made sufficient progress to complete your Programme due to academic failure. You have been exited from the programme with a Certificate of Higher Education.
You are wished every success with your future endeavours.”

This was my second year, and I feel my dreams have been crushed. All it was was an extra 1 year.

I had passed 3 modules, and the other 3 modules I did not pass. (1 of the optional modules I regret picking) and the other 2 I failed. Over all my result for this year was 47.

Should I appeal this? Or what shall I do? I am really stressed out right now as I don’t know what to do. I would really appreciate advice :-((
Original post by Has578854
I’ve just had an email, for my BA accounting & finance course. I didn’t do well in the exams and from my resit in august this is what I have been sent today BA (Hons) Accounting and Finance 2FT09
I am sorry to have to convey to you that the September 2023 Examination Board decided that you have not made sufficient progress to complete your Programme due to academic failure. You have been exited from the programme with a Certificate of Higher Education.

This was my second year, and I feel my dreams have been crushed. All it was was an extra 1 year.

I had passed 3 modules, and the other 3 modules I did not pass. (1 of the optional modules I regret picking) and the other 2 I failed. Over all my result for this year was 47.

Should I appeal this? Or what shall I do? I am really stressed out right now as I don’t know what to do. I would really appreciate advice :-((

It doesn't seem that there's anything to appeal. You've had a couple of attempts and have failed half your modules. It's time to think of a new path.
Reply 2
Appeal on what grounds?

I think that ageshallnot is right. Move on.
Original post by Has578854

Unless there are compelling personal reasons (e.g. death of an immediate family member, being evicted, being diagnosed with a serious medical condition etc.), I don't think there are grounds to appeal. Most universities will give you a second chance... but not a third.

If you only just missed out on passing by 1-2 %, you can sometimes appeal for that particular module for smaller, less severe reasons. What happens is they give you the benefit of the doubt, so if you got 48-48%, they'd round that up to 50%. However you'd have to do that for all three modules you failed.

Depending on your relationship with them, you can try and see if your personal tutor or other lecturers etc. will be willing to write you references, so you can perhaps enrol at a different university (you will have to fund everything yourself though)... if you really wanted a degree... and they may let you enter the second year if there are spaces on the course.

But you know what? You can have a successful career without having a couple of letters after your name. Remember neither Richard Branson or Alan Sugar have degrees... and look at them now.
(edited 7 months ago)
You failed half the year, even after resits. Appealing will just give you same decision.
Reply 5
I’m so sorry that this happened to you.

Maybe look at Level 6 and Level 7 apprenticeships instead of uni.

Level 6 apprenticeship is equal to an undergraduate degree.

Level 7 is equal to an masters.

I wish you all the best!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending