The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JCM_93
Yep I'm doing engineering too and I've heard Trinity take a while to sort it but I'm sure you'll find out your college soon. I'll only be able to undertake my PhD too if I get the full funding. I'll be considered for CHESS as I'm from the UK. Read further down you've gone for Gates so I assume you're an international applicant? Which division of the department did you want to do your PhD in too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Yeah I heard the same about Trinity - applied to it based on the scholarships they have on offer but just found out recently that it is one of the most sought-after colleges.

Good luck with CHESS! Yes I'm international (of Malaysian nationality). Most likely with the Mechanics division - in Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering. What about you?
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by feri2014
I'm from Indonesia. And you? Hopefully we can make it! Finger crossed!:smile:

Yeah mate, I'm from Malaysia. Good luck to you too!
Original post by JCM_93
Yep I'm doing engineering too and I've heard Trinity take a while to sort it but I'm sure you'll find out your college soon. I'll only be able to undertake my PhD too if I get the full funding. I'll be considered for CHESS as I'm from the UK. Read further down you've gone for Gates so I assume you're an international applicant? Which division of the department did you want to do your PhD in too?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I'm in energy, fluid, and turbomachinery division with research focus in nuclear energy. What's yours?
Original post by nick929
Yeah I heard the same about Trinity - applied to it based on the scholarships they have on offer but just found out recently that it is one of the most sought-after colleges.

Good luck with CHESS! Yes I'm international (of Malaysian nationality). Most likely with the Mechanics division - in Bioengineering/Biomedical engineering. What about you?

Thank you! I've applied to the energy, turbo machinery and fluid mechanics division. Fingers crossed for both of us that we get full funding!

Posted from TSR Mobile
I'm in energy, fluid, and turbomachinery division with research focus in nuclear energy. What's yours?

Yeah I've also applied to the same division but my research focus is in combustion. What stage is your application at?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JCM_93
Yeah I've also applied to the same division but my research focus is in combustion. What stage is your application at?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Got my offer from the department and college as well. Currently waiting for funding. How about you?
Got my offer from the department and college as well. Currently waiting for funding. How about you?

That's great then! I've had a conditional offer but not got a college sorted yet. I only got my offer last Friday. What funding have you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JCM_93
That's great then! I've had a conditional offer but not got a college sorted yet. I only got my offer last Friday. What funding have you gone for?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Good luck! Which college did you applied for? I applied for Gates & CISS and also a scholarship scheme from Indonesia. Pretty much hoping for the latest at the moment. Hopefully we all can make it! Finger Crossed! :smile:
Good luck! Which college did you applied for? I applied for Gates & CISS and also a scholarship scheme from Indonesia. Pretty much hoping for the latest at the moment. Hopefully we all can make it! Finger Crossed! :smile:

I applied to Selwyn as my first choice and Downing as my second. Yeah fingers crossed, I won't be able to go without the funding haha! What colleges did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by JCM_93
I applied to Selwyn as my first choice and Downing as my second. Yeah fingers crossed, I won't be able to go without the funding haha! What colleges did you apply to?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Applied to Trinity and Jesus. Take about a week or two before getting rejection from Trinity. Took about 2 to 3 weeks before getting offer from Jesus afterwards.
Original post by nick929
Yeah mate, I'm from Malaysia. Good luck to you too!

Did you apply a commonwealth scheme as well from the Trust? How about Yayasan Khazanah scholarship? Good luck! Hope to see you this fall!
Original post by Summerdays
Did u get interviewed? Mine is still in that stage and I got interviewed a week ago

Yes I got interviewed on 2nd Feb. One month later, its still under consideration by department!
Reply 1992
Hey guys is it normal to be stuck in the BoGS stage for a while? I've secured funding and all for a PhD, and just waiting on the actual offer and the college decision. I've seen on here that it's supposed to be a busy time for BoGS - should I just wait it out?
I got accepted to Hughes Hall today, as I applied open I don't know much about it. Can anyone give me any idea? It seems nice from the website and, to be honest, I am chuffed to be accepted anywhere in the first place :smile:
Reply 1994
Original post by jj1011
Hey guys is it normal to be stuck in the BoGS stage for a while? I've secured funding and all for a PhD, and just waiting on the actual offer and the college decision. I've seen on here that it's supposed to be a busy time for BoGS - should I just wait it out?

Rang them the other day; the said it's taking about 10-12 days at the moment!
Original post by 10thCeurope
I got accepted to Hughes Hall today, as I applied open I don't know much about it. Can anyone give me any idea? It seems nice from the website and, to be honest, I am chuffed to be accepted anywhere in the first place :smile:

Nice college from what I've heard :yep: I think as with all colleges, you'll feel happy and at home and it'll be YOUR college.

Yeah, I was the same way -- I'm going to be at one of Cambridge's affiliated institutes next year, so I had a place and funding secured with them early on; applying to Cam itself was just a formality, as they're the degree granting institution (and I have to get a college place, of course!)

I think I was with BoGS for 3ish weeks. I submitted my application in the first week of February, and just got my offer last week. I'm "seeking college membership" now.
(edited 9 years ago)
My status on Camsis is that I am still under consideration by the department. However, I received an email today regarding applying for 'the postgraduate taught programme bursary scheme'. Is it normal to be invited to apply for this before a decision has been made on whether to offer you a place on the course?
Original post by 1physics1
My status on Camsis is that I am still under consideration by the department. However, I received an email today regarding applying for 'the postgraduate taught programme bursary scheme'. Is it normal to be invited to apply for this before a decision has been made on whether to offer you a place on the course?

Which bursary is this, do you know? Is there a link to it on the website etc.
I got a generic "kitchen sink" response to my inquiry about "awaiting consideration" on CAMSIS. It *helpfully* informed to check my status on my self-service account ... I think of the line from Butch Cassidy and the Sundance Kid - what we have here is a failure to communicate!

At least this forum is more helpful.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Latest

Trending

Trending