The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Calmist
haha yep ndtiong, I was referring to you! I hope you get the Chevening scholarship. I didn't apply for the Gates nor for the Commonwealth ones because I was really pressed for time during the application process, and didn't want to look for/contact an extra referee on such short notice. Ah well. I haven't even got a decision on my application yet anyway...

But let's keep each other updated :dance: it'd be lovely to meet up if we do end up in Cambridge :smile:

What course will you be doing? You seem pretty active on these boards haha.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by daemonhassan
Yes ndtiong, I applied for the Commonwealth scared scholarship but from all indications the nominees have already been contacted to fill out the application on the commonwealth website. Since I wasn't contacted I figure out its a no for me, good luck to you on funding.

On my part as a Malaysian applicant, I've definitely been contacted by Cambridge Trust already.

Best of luck to you too, man.
Does anyone know of any accommodation related scholarships?
I have a question - Does Cambridge give some credits to undergraduate research and publications in MPhil admission if someone has a borderline GPA?
Original post by Blucellist

+1
Reply 2885
Original post by Blucellist

Not really a scholarship, but you can apply to be a warden at your college once you get there.
Reply 2886
Original post by Hilbert*
I narrowly missed the IELTS score required for my course (partIII of Math Tripos). Then, I was assessed by the language center of the University of Cambridge: according to the result provided by the center, I have to attend this pre-sessional course. Then, the language requirement will be waived.
Alternatively, I could try with IELTS again and hope to meet the language requirement.

However, I find unfair to offer a language course so expensive!

I also narrowly missed IELTS requirement which was for a 7 in each component and a 7.5 overall (I got 8.5R,8.5L,6.5W,8S) and now have to get the language assessment test...

I am preparing it (taking my time on it - i hope it won't matter) and have a date booked for a resit on IELTS in order.

How long did it take you to get a reply on the language assessment if I may ask?

I have to say, although I have absolutely no intention of paying the fees and accommodation of the pre-sessional course if I am requested to do so, having seen the programme it seems like it could really help us built skills in academic writing which can be a setback for us in the beginning of our studies. More for me since your course is purely mathematical (I'm in Economic Research).
Original post by greeneyedgirl
That's not that long! Took a good few weeks post interview for me to get offer.

Not necessarily, plenty of things can have changed etc. etc.

Nope.

AHRC and ESRC?

CHESS and AHRC :smile: Found out yesterday that I've received a CHESS scholarship award, yayy.
Original post by Ikidyounot.
CHESS and AHRC :smile: Found out yesterday that I've received a CHESS scholarship award, yayy.

Congrats!
Congrats!

Thank you :smile: Did you apply for funding, and have you received any news about it?
Thank you :smile: Did you apply for funding, and have you received any news about it?

I did (CHESS, AHRC, ESRC) and no news :sad:
I did (CHESS, AHRC, ESRC) and no news :sad:

Ow :console: Fingers crossed you'll get some good news soon, sure you will! Have you applied elsewhere?
Ow :console: Fingers crossed you'll get some good news soon, sure you will! Have you applied elsewhere?

Nope only Cambridge.
Nope only Cambridge.

I meant for funding- only Cambridge?
I meant for funding- only Cambridge?

Only those 3 things. All I'm eligible for.
Only those 3 things. All I'm eligible for.

Okay, was going to suggest looking elsewhere as well, but ofc you've already done that. Good luck, touch wood :lep:
Okay, was going to suggest looking elsewhere as well, but ofc you've already done that. Good luck, touch wood :lep:

Thank you!
hi guys, one question if anyone can give me some advice I would appreciate it.
I know scholarships decisions from Oxford are made at the end of April. Since there is no chance for me to go unless I get a scholarship and because I have already secured funding at Cambridge and the EUI, do you think I should send them an email and let them know? Or will this seem a bit rude?

THnak you so much again ppl! :smile:
Original post by allos
I also narrowly missed IELTS requirement which was for a 7 in each component and a 7.5 overall (I got 8.5R,8.5L,6.5W,8S) and now have to get the language assessment test...

I am preparing it (taking my time on it - i hope it won't matter) and have a date booked for a resit on IELTS in order.

How long did it take you to get a reply on the language assessment if I may ask?

I have to say, although I have absolutely no intention of paying the fees and accommodation of the pre-sessional course if I am requested to do so, having seen the programme it seems like it could really help us built skills in academic writing which can be a setback for us in the beginning of our studies. More for me since your course is purely mathematical (I'm in Economic Research).

I'm in the same situation. Do you already hold an offer? Is the language center the one to contact you?

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2899
I hold an offer conditional on getting the IELTS requirement. Also got accepted in King's College.
In the GRADSAF, under my conditions, there was a small paragraph explaining that since I missed my IELTS narrowly i can contact language assessment center to get an assessment test.

Latest

Trending

Trending