The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Original post by JimmyLondon
Apparently I've been shortlisted for AHRC funding for my MPhil and will be having a phone interview about it next week :eek:

Eee that's so exciting! Good luck!!
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Eee that's so exciting! Good luck!!

Thank you! I have to admit, I'm pleasantly surprised but also terrified
Reply 982
Hi!
I've applied for the Mphil in Technology Policy and today I got an email for a skype interview. Really anxious! Any advice/tip about what to expect?
Apparently I've been shortlisted for AHRC funding for my MPhil and will be having a phone interview about it next week :eek:

Wow congratulations and best of luck to us all
Reply 984
Anyone here applied for the MPhil Technology Policy program? I just received an email saying I will be interviewed next friday... anyone here knows something else about it? I applied in mid November.

That's excellent stuff Jimmy :smile: Good luck.
Original post by Ikidyounot.
Did not realise there would be an interview for that too! Congratulations :smile:

Original post by Blutooth
That's excellent stuff Jimmy :smile: Good luck.

Thanks! Yes I didn't realise it either, but there wasn't an interview for admission to my course so that might be the reason why. Anyway, will have to see how it goes.
Thanks! Yes I didn't realise it either, but there wasn't an interview for admission to my course so that might be the reason why. Anyway, will have to see how it goes.

I see, yeah maybe that's it. Good luck, sure it will be fine
Reply 988
Original post by BetoPad
Anyone here applied for the MPhil Technology Policy program? I just received an email saying I will be interviewed next friday... anyone here knows something else about it? I applied in mid November.

Me too! Same here. Interview will take place on Monday! Please let me know how it goes!
Hi All,

my status changed today from "under consideration by degree committee" to "awaiting decision by the board of graduate studies"...not sure what this means. Help!!! This is driving me crazy! Best of luck to all!
Original post by Bear of Brittany
Hi All,

my status changed today from "under consideration by degree committee" to "awaiting decision by the board of graduate studies"...not sure what this means. Help!!! This is driving me crazy! Best of luck to all!

Hey, from what I understand of this process that's an excellent sign! BoGS usually just check credentials aren't forged etc before you're given an offer, so tentatively celebrate! Can I ask what you applied for?
Original post by aradia.nox
Hey, from what I understand of this process that's an excellent sign! BoGS usually just check credentials aren't forged etc before you're given an offer, so tentatively celebrate! Can I ask what you applied for?

Hi! thanks for replying to this....well, I didn't want to celebrate too early and then find out I was mistaken about getting closer to an offer...at least this will stop me from checking CamSIS every 10 seconds...I applied for Soc Anth. How about you?
Reply 992
Original post by pau791
Hi!
I've applied for the Mphil in Technology Policy and today I got an email for a skype interview. Really anxious! Any advice/tip about what to expect?

I had my interview a week ago and it was fine. It was a casual chat about my potential interest in a PHD, career objectives etc. I was also asked to what extent I am prepared to write an entire dissertation. That's about it really. Good luck!
Reply 993
Anybody heard back from an MPhil in Sociology yet? Going crazy with the wait!
My status changed a few minutes ago from "under consideration by degree committee" to "awaiting decision by the board of graduate studies" very excited about this today. Applied for the Mphil Planning ,growth and Regeneration programme
(edited 9 years ago)
Reply 995
And did they tell you when you will have any update on the process?

Original post by ajalan1
I had my interview a week ago and it was fine. It was a casual chat about my potential interest in a PHD, career objectives etc. I was also asked to what extent I am prepared to write an entire dissertation. That's about it really. Good luck!
Original post by xaz17
Congratulations to everyone who has received offers already!!!

My referees both submitted their references on the day of the deadline, i.e. today (what a relief phew), so I'm finally on board haha. Now it's the time to wait...

Good luck to everyone here still waiting for a decision!

And is anyone else here applying for MPhil Planning, Growth and Regeneration?

I am also applying to MPhil Planning, Growth and Regeneration. Submitted since December 1st and status was " under consideration by department" since then. Changed today to "awaiting decision by BOGs". Guess i'm at the formality stage now; good luck to everyone!!
Original post by daemonhassan
I am also applying to MPhil Planning, Growth and Regeneration. Submitted since December 1st and status was " under consideration by department" since then. Changed today to "awaiting decision by BOGs". Guess i'm at the formality stage now; good luck to everyone!!

Yes, I think the BOGS stage is mainly for general formalities, good luck ! :biggrin:
Original post by daemonhassan

Hasn't your status changed to "Awaiting decision by Degree Committee"? That's weird.
Anyone heard anything regarding the MPhil in Philosophy?

Latest

Trending

Trending