The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

Scroll to see replies

Hi guys! does anyone know how long the BOGS typically takes to make the official offer? I've been waiting since last wednesday and CAMSIS has been updated to 'awaiting decision by BOGS' but no emails anything from anyone. I'm checking every hour in hopes that the status would change!

Does the formal offer has anything to do with funding? I applied for funding and but missed the deadline to upload the documents. I've told the department that I won't be applying for funding anymore but I don't think this would be reflected in the application itself. Would they reject me at this stage because the amount of money that I indicated is not enough to support my studies? I am applying for scholarship in my home country and if all else fails take a student loan or something...
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Original post by mr37201
Hi guys! does anyone know how long the BOGS typically takes to make the official offer? I've been waiting since last wednesday and CAMSIS has been updated to 'awaiting decision by BOGS' but no emails anything from anyone. I'm checking every hour in hopes that the status would change!

Does the formal offer has anything to do with funding? I applied for funding and but missed the deadline to upload the documents. I've told the department that I won't be applying for funding anymore but I don't think this would be reflected in the application itself. Would they reject me at this stage because the amount of money that I indicated is not enough to support my studies? I am applying for scholarship in my home country and if all else fails take a student loan or something...

You are not alone on this. It's been 12 days(updated to BOGs on the 5th February), and i'm still anxious . I also applied for funding(commonwealth shared) and the only consolation i give myself for the delay in the offer is that perhaps they are considering me for it. And then i get to think that it might be too early considering last year's posts and all. oouph!! just don't know what to think again,it's difficult trying to think like them.
Original post by daemonhassan
You are not alone on this. It's been 12 days(updated to BOGs on the 5th February), and i'm still anxious .

i totally understand your pain... on the website doesn't it say it take up to 7 days? then elsewhere i read that it might take 4-6 weeks? o.o
Original post by mr37201
i totally understand your pain... on the website doesn't it say it take up to 7 days? then elsewhere i read that it might take 4-6 weeks? o.o

Well i haven't read about deadlines at the BOGs stage anywhere, i think i'm still going to get back to refreshing my camsis page................. like a lunatic :biggrin:
Having kept up with this thread and the helpful info I received, I felt obliged to post.

Applied for MPhil International Relations and Politics. All docs uploaded c.26th November. Absolutely no work experience and a degree not geared towards the subject (Ancient History).

I emailed the department to ask when decisions will be made today. Within an hour I received a reply stating an offer has been given.

So those of you within a similar timeframe...it's worth a shot.

Good luck.
Original post by gymtimetable
Having kept up with this thread and the helpful info I received, I felt obliged to post.

Applied for MPhil International Relations and Politics. All docs uploaded c.26th November. Absolutely no work experience and a degree not geared towards the subject (Ancient History).

I emailed the department to ask when decisions will be made today. Within an hour I received a reply stating an offer has been given.

Good luck.

I understood. I'm sorry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Still at degree committee stage...resisting urge to check a lot.
Original post by mr37201

I'm in the same situation :dontknow:
(edited 9 years ago)
For all those who are still awaiting a decision or approval of BOGs, did you apply for any sort of funding? So that we can figure out if that is what is delaying the offer. I for one applied for commonwealth shared scholarship and am awaiting BOGs approval.
I had my skype interview this morning for MPhil Sociology

My status has now changed to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies', is this a good sign?

Congrats to those getting college offers today :biggrin:
Original post by Malugani
I had my skype interview this morning for MPhil Sociology

My status has now changed to 'Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies', is this a good sign?

Congrats to those getting college offers today :biggrin:

Congrats in advance, you now have to only wait for BOGs approval and then the official offer. Good luck
Original post by gymtimetable

Good luck.

congratulations! from hearing your story it is really tempting to try the same :L
I did...or at least think I did, when checking the box on the section of the application regarding funding. This morning I emailed the department to as them if I've been shortlisted for any kind of funding

Posted from TSR Mobile
For all those who are still awaiting a decision or approval of BOGs, did you apply for any sort of funding? So that we can figure out if that is what is delaying the offer. I for one applied for commonwealth shared scholarship and am awaiting BOGs approval.

I did...or at least think I did, when checking the box on the section of the application regarding funding. This morning I emailed the department to as them if I've been shortlisted for any kind of funding

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by pau791

Posted from TSR Mobile

Have you received your offer already? Hope you'll keep us posted . Good luck
Received my condition offer today exactly after a week from being upgraded to the BOGS stage. Phd in law :smile:
Original post by PhD_Maybe
Seems I can join the party "Awaiting decision by the Board of Graduate Studies" + "Status: The degree committee is satisfied with your application. However, your offer has not yet been approved."

PhD in Psychology, waiting for the conditions of my offer now :smile:

Yepp, they had to submit the ranking early February. Not sure about ESRC etc.

Hi! congs for your offer!
I also applied to the Psychology PhD on 1st December, but never hear back. when did you have your interview?
Have you received your offer already? Hope you'll keep us posted . Good luck

Nope...with BoGS since last wednesday
Original post by xaz17
Congratulations to everyone who has received offers already!!!

My referees both submitted their references on the day of the deadline, i.e. today (what a relief phew), so I'm finally on board haha. Now it's the time to wait...

Good luck to everyone here still waiting for a decision!

And is anyone else here applying for MPhil Planning, Growth and Regeneration?

Hey xaz17 , have you received an offer yet, i'm still at BOGs on the MPhil Planning, Growth and Regeneration. Good luck
Original post by pau791
Nope...with BoGS since last wednesday

I see, then can we infer that , those who are still at BOGs applied for funding and are still being considered? I might think so.

Latest

Trending

Trending