Original post by Nirgilis
Been made my conditional offer today :awesome:

:woo: :woo: :woo:
Original post by aradia.nox
CONGRATS

Worth the wait, eh? :smile:

it really is :smile:
Original post by JCM_93
Thank you! Hopefully the official confirmation will come through soon :smile:. I've applied for a PhD in engineering with Selwyn college as my first choice. Funding is the next thing to sort out!! How about yourself?

Posted from TSR Mobile

I applied for the Mphil Planning, Growth and Regeneration, still stuck at BOGs, been 2 weeks already
Original post by sj27
If you don't meet the university minimum requirement (NB not the stated department minimum, but the university minimum), the department has to provide an academic case i.e. a justification for why the university should allow you in regardless of that. Without that case being made for you, you cannot be made an offer.

Will BOGs inform the candidate that an academic case has to be made for her/him?
Reply 1585
Original post by 10thCeurope
just to notify people who have applied to the english faculty there was some movement in my application yesterday. I have now got to the BoGs :smile: pinching myself and stopping myself from celebrating too early but I am over the moon. Fingers crossed I get approved and that illusive offer :smile:

Congratulations, hope your offer comes through soon!!
Original post by daemonhassan
I applied for the Mphil Planning, Growth and Regeneration, still stuck at BOGs, been 2 weeks already

Yeah it seems that some people either have to wait very long for the BoGS stage for a while, or it's done in a much shorter amount of time. Hope you get your offer soon!
Hi everyone,
Someone posted on GradCafe the he/she were accepted to a PhD program at my department without an interview. I'm a bit confused since I was interviewed. I looked at my department's graduate program manual and it said that it is a university requirement to interview now. Is that the case in your experiences or is it at the discretion of the potential supervisor?
Reply 1588
Original post by daemonhassan
Will BOGs inform the candidate that an academic case has to be made for her/him?

I presume so, as there have been posters in the past reporting that they did not get one so knew reason for rejection.
Original post by BetoPad
My status just changed to "Awaiting approval by the Board of Graduate Studies"... am I close to getting my offer?

Congrats! What did you apply to?
Just got an invite for Gates (non-US) interview - does anyone know how many of those who interview get offered it? Another thing to obsess and stress about for the next month...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by LittleLaud
Just got an invite for Gates (non-US) interview - does anyone know how many of those who interview get offered it? Another thing to obsess and stress about for the next month...

Congratulations! :smile: Which course did you apply for?
Reply 1592

Posted from TSR Mobile

Congratulations and best of luck!

I think you have reached the top 110 bracket from approx 250 nominated by all the departments from the entire pool of approx 3,500 international applicants! Congratulations once again. 55 will be offered scholarships. Good luck. :smile:
http://www.gatescambridge.org/apply/how-competitive.asp

By the way, did your department inform you that you have been nominated for the Gates? Or say departmental ranking?

Posted from TSR Mobile

That is amazing, well done! :yay:
Got my offer yesterday!
Reply 1596

Posted from TSR Mobile

Probably a little less than half. I know that about 90 from the US were interviewed and only 40 were offered the scholarship. Congratulations!! good luck!!
(edited 9 years ago)
Who else is feeling like it's going to be another long weekend?
Original post by greeneyedgirl
Who else is feeling like it's going to be another long weekend?

+1 due to this academic case thing
Just got accepted by St John!!!!!! the long wait worths! Anyone knows about the funding opportunity of St John?

Latest

Trending

Trending