Original post by lupo12313
does anyone know anything about Pembroke College? especially for PGs? :smile:

Very (in)famous and popular (but in my opinion overrated) Sunday Brunch. :p:
Reply 1782
Original post by lupo12313
does anyone know anything about Pembroke College? especially for PGs? :smile:

Absolutely fantastic college!
Original post by Blucellist
I was interviewed on behalf of the degree committee. From my understanding all phd applicants have to be interviewed. Perhaps you are applying for a master's degree?

No, not all phD applicants are being interviewed - I wasn't. I think it depends on supervisor. My guess would be that BGS won't interview you, if you've made it to that stage you're through...

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by ianuam
Yeah, you're expected to accept and it's accepted a certain percentage will withdraw due to not being able to meet the conditions, financial or academic.

Oh, I did not know this! Gonna go ahead and accept now as well :smile:
Does accepting your offer affect anything regarding the college placement? Is there any benefit in accepting now rather than later?
Reply 1786
Original post by letian
Hi,could you please tell me whether your interview was conducted by the BGS or the degree committee? My status changed to ‘awaiting decision by the BGS’ 5 days ago,but I have no interview yet. Thank you.:smile:

BoGS are admin. They would not be involved in any academic aspect of the decision to make an offer or not. So they would not conduct interviews.
Original post by neuropal
These are the 80 Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS) awards. There are more in store for all of us. Fingers crossed. :smile:

That's what I took away from a glance at the list! I noticed a few commonalities: they all received a scholarship with the same title (CISS), and were all international PhD students.

This, coupled with the note that the list will be continually updated through July, gave me some hope that I still have a shot at the Santander and the Cambridge Overseas Scholarship!
Reply 1788
Original post by Blucellist
I was interviewed on behalf of the degree committee. From my understanding all phd applicants have to be interviewed. Perhaps you are applying for a master's degree?

I am a current PhD student from China. I am applying for a one-year joint PhD program at Cambridge, I guess maybe this is the reason why they don't interview me.
Reply 1789
Original post by sj27
BoGS are admin. They would not be involved in any academic aspect of the decision to make an offer or not. So they would not conduct interviews.

Thank you.:smile:
Hey guys, I am a PhD applicant (Law). My status has changed to awaiting approval by BGS. I had an interview over the telephone about 10 days ago.
Does anyone know around when I will know if I am also offered funding? Because if no funding then no PhD for me... :/
A quick question: I hold a conditional offer and will not receive my final grade until June. I have been accepted into Hughes Hall and would like to apply for accommodation because I hear it's quite competitive for Hughesians. Do I need a confirmed offer to apply for accommodation?
These are the 80 Cambridge International Scholarship Scheme (CISS) awards. There are more in store for all of us. Fingers crossed. :smile:

How many awards are there in total? Isn't it just 80?
Original post by grad34
Hey guys! I got a conditional offer and I'm accepted by a college, but I'm wondering what it exactly means to accept your offer.
Like, for example, if I accept the offer now and later it turns out I won't make all the conditions (e.g. I don't meet the financial condition on the offer), will I still be fined to pay sth or will they just ignore my offer than and not admit me?
Can I safely accept the offer now? I know I want to go to Cam, but I'm not 100% if I can make all conditions yet.
Thanks!

My reply does not constitute legal advice but....No, you won't be fined if you don't meet the requirements in the end :smile:
Original post by insanity!
Hey guys, I am a PhD applicant (Law). My status has changed to awaiting approval by BGS. I had an interview over the telephone about 10 days ago.
Does anyone know around when I will know if I am also offered funding? Because if no funding then no PhD for me... :/

Hi I'm a law Phd offer holder too. AHRC and Gates are announced mid-end March. I'm in your same position in relation to funding! What field are you in? Supervisors? Mine are Feldman/Allan (human rights/jurisprudence).
Original post by sandman123
How many awards are there in total? Isn't it just 80?

Yes it is just 80. I was referring to other awards such as Cambridge Commonwealth Scholarships etc which are also awarded in the interval of March-June.
Yes it is just 80. I was referring to other awards such as Cambridge Commonwealth Scholarships etc which are also awarded in the interval of March-June.

Ah ok! Thanks for clarifying!
AHAHHAHAHAHAH finally got an email response saying degree committee has approved me and I have been shortlisted for all the funding I applied for...this just means got to wait for CamSIS to update and BOGS. Still showing me as awaiting approval by degree committee but at least now I know that's system slowness rather than possible not getting-in-ness!!!
Original post by greeneyedgirl
AHAHHAHAHAHAH finally got an email response saying degree committee has approved me and I have been shortlisted for all the funding I applied for...this just means got to wait for CamSIS to update and BOGS. Still showing me as awaiting approval by degree committee but at least now I know that's system slowness rather than possible not getting-in-ness!!!

Hey, congratulations! That's incredible!
Original post by aradia.nox
Hey, congratulations! That's incredible!

Thank youuuu! So smiley!

Latest

Trending

Trending