The Student Room Group
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews

Scroll to see replies

The Highlander
Well done!:smile: Does that mean your fees are paid for?

Its £3000 every year, so it could cover fees and then some! I've already applied for my loans so this scholarship means i can afford to fly home more often etc! I cant believe it!
St Salvators Quad, University of St Andrews
University of St Andrews
Reply 581
chester.
Its £3000 every year, so it could cover fees and then some! I've already applied for my loans so this scholarship means i can afford to fly home more often etc! I cant believe it!

Thats fantastic! You lucky *******!!

Haha, what scholarship did you apply for?
I called them up today, and for an accommodations office, they weren't the most accommodating. She basically said to put my worries into an email and that was all she could suggest. I understand its tricky - but I cant afford what I have been given! It seems crazy that I have to somehow find a way to...
Reply 583
automphalos
I called them up today, and for an accommodations office, they weren't the most accommodating. She basically said to put my worries into an email and that was all she could suggest. I understand its tricky - but I cant afford what I have been given! It seems crazy that I have to somehow find a way to...

The St Andrews accomodation people are infamous from what i've read for not being too helpful. If you cant afford it, what are you supposed to do? Keep bugging them, i hope you get it sorted.
TheNorth
Thats fantastic! You lucky *******!!

Haha, what scholarship did you apply for?

I applied for both the subject bursary and the financial needs based scholarship. I just got an email today saying the committee decided to award me the McIvor Barrow scholarship. Its the one specifically for n. irish students. I've asked them to send me a copy of my application so i can check i havent made any mistakes! It would be just typical that i've put something down wrong! Lets hope not!
I was lucky enough to get the Fife Scholarship which entitles me to £500 a year which is a nice boost..and I found £20 in an old handbag today..happy days! Nice one on the McIvor Barrow by the way Chester.
LivvyLovesWhisky
I was lucky enough to get the Fife Scholarship which entitles me to £500 a year which is a nice boost..and I found £20 in an old handbag today..happy days! Nice one on the McIvor Barrow by the way Chester.

Congrats to you! And its a great feeling when you find money like that! :biggrin:
Im just a little worried that i've made some stupid mistake on my application and i'll end up not getting it- like if somethings too good to be true then it probably is....

There there - there's always street corners. :wink:
Reply 588
dragon500uk
There there - there's always street corners. :wink:

I thought that kind of thing only happened here in Ipswich. :p:
Reply 589
MarshallM
I thought that kind of thing only happened here in Ipswich. :p:

Hehe, when you get to uni, people will only know of Ipswich because of that!
pitch a tent in the castle with me.

i've been advocating this since day one.
automphalos

You should definitely send them an email about it.

Or maybe you could try looking into private accommodation? There must be somebody who's looking to find a room-mate.

My only other (and I'm afraid probably less useful) suggestion, would be to try and find a student hostel - though this probably wouldn't be much cheaper than what you've been offered. There's a tourist hostel you could try - according to their website its £16.50 per night, self-catering, so if you roughly work that out at 7 days a week, for 38 weeks, it comes to £4389 - I don't know if that's cheaper than your offer. This is probably a dead-end suggestion, but I thought I may as well mention it just in case.

Here's a link to the site:
http://www.hostelbookers.com/booking/index.cfm?fuseaction=hosteldetails&hostel=16882

Good luck! I hope you get it all sorted out!! :smile:
Thanks - still no reply though. Have you heard about where you're all staying yet? I guess its just luck of the draw.
WoWZa
Apparently FC Barcelona are using your playing fields in training? I assume Lionel Messi is there too! He is so amazing <3

:biggrin: I saw some of them walking up to the sports centre on Monday. I regret that I'm not more enthusiastic about football than I am, else it would have been a lot more exciting. :s-smilie: And I might have been able to say exactly who they were...
WoWZa
Oh wow, that is amazing! I absolutely love Lionel Messi. He is an inspiration to me. I don't even know much about Football, but he's still an inspiration haha! Are they still there? When they were walking and were there many others around etc?

You can google Messi by the way :tongue:

Ooh, ergh, umm. *tests memory* I'm back home now, I don't know if they're still there or not. There was a group of about 5 of them, and this was in the afternoon, I think at about 6pm. There was a tall guy who looked like he was recovering from a leg/foot injury. They were walking in front of us, so I probably won't manage to recognize them. And I didn't want to gawk at them too much, 'cus I'm nice like that :biggrin:
I think Barca played Dundee Utd tonight and Hibs on Saturday. But forget Barca..I saw the Bradford City team bus going through Cupar today..Stuart McCall..legend!
Ok...so the fixtures are the opposite way around. Barca beat Hibs 6-0 and Messi got one, so that should make WoWza happy:smile:
Who's on the Fresher's facebook group? Show yerselves :P

http://www.new.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2670890292&topic=4860&ref=mf
Reply 598
Bella_trixxx
Who's on the Fresher's facebook group? Show yerselves :P

http://www.new.facebook.com/topic.php?uid=2670890292&topic=4860&ref=mf

Mwuahaha you will never find me!!
TheNorth
Mwuahaha you will never find me!!

-poke- Unless i send em all I picture. I think I may have some of you in second year.......

Found one!

Latest

Trending

Trending