The Student Room Group

Advice for people doing the Extended Project Qualification?

So i am probably going to do the extended project qualification (EPQ) next year does anyone have any advise on how to get a good grade?
I'd like some advice as well, so will r keeping an eye on this thread:smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 2
My Advice:

1.) Do your project based around your career aspiration or something that conveys your passion. For example, i did EPQ last year and my main focus was depression and how music can affect people battling the illness, because it was relevant to my career in Mental Health Nursing. Also, you gain motivation to complete the project on something you're passionate about.

1.) Always use your time effectively. Try and work on your project a couple times a week. 5000 words is LOOONG!

3.) Ask your teacher for advice and get them to mark your drafts, so you know what grade you're at and what you need to do to progress into the next grade. If you don't have a solid title for your project, the teacher can help you.

4.) Don't be biased in your project. Always have a "for and against" argument with evidence from independent research and analyse as you go along.

5.) Make sure you do A LOT of research and reference where you got your evidence from because, that's part of where you get your marks from. Plus, you don't want to get accused for plagiarism.

6.) Read over your essay to spot grammar mistakes.

7.) Complete your project log book and project plan.

9.) Evaluate after you have concluded your essay.

8.) Make sure you are able to explain what your project is about and make a power point to support you during your presentation.

If you're unsure, the teachers are there to help you. So, don't be afraid to ask!

I got a "B" overall in EPQ. I know you all aiming for an "A" or an "A*" in this subject. It is possible to achieve those grades if you work hard, manage your time properly and do things accordingly.

I hope this helped!

Good Luck!!! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest