The Student Room Group

Would you tell your friend if you knew her/his boyfriend/girlfriend was cheating?

General question - what would you do?
Reply 1
probably not, but I might try to persuade the boyfriend/girlfriend to tell her/him himself/herself. Its best to stay out of it though, unless he/she is like your best friend or smoothing.
I'd talk to the boyfriend/girlfriend and try and get them to get their act together and fess up first, if that didn't work I'd tell them.
Original post by Anonymous
General question - what would you do?

If I had unquestionable proof then yeah - nothing worse than them taking the partner's side and you looking like the bad friend. I'd feel a bit iffy about getting so involved in their personal life but at the same time being cheated on is a horrible feeling and being the pushy friend is the lesser of two evils here! They'd thank you for it in the end if they had anything about them.
Reply 4
I'd want to know if I was them, so I think I'd definitely tell them.
Yeah of course I would. What kind of friend would I be otherwise?
Yep, because I'd like to know if I was being cheated on. What kind of friend wouldn't tell. Once the news is out and my friend found out I knew all along, it would ruin our friendship. So yes, I would interfere and tell them the truth.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 7
Lol yes. I wouldn't care if s/he didn't believe me if it was a true friend, I'd just slam the evidence in their face and hope they wake up to the truth.
I probably wouldn't say 'x is cheating on you' or something, I'd just give them all of the information I had. In fact, I asked my friend who the guy was that his girlfriend had in our (mine and his girlfriend's) flat. I told him they were in her room for a while before having something to eat and leaving. He said it was her gay friend. Turned out she was cheating on him.
Reply 9
Yes.

If the cheater was a closer friend, I'd confront them and let them know I wasn't happy about it, and probably give them a deadline.
Yes I would. It would hurt them but I would make sure I had proof and wasn't just going on a gut feeling that they were cheating.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending