The Student Room Group

What shall I do?

Is this cheating?
So I was in a nightclub having a laugh with my friends i was drinking aswell anyway and I’m dancing away with a girl who I’ve known.. and she’s close to me because she’s gave me a hug to say hello etc and she’s talking to me and it’s loud but shr then kissed me. Have I cheated on my gf
Original post by Anonymous #1
Is this cheating?
So I was in a nightclub having a laugh with my friends i was drinking aswell anyway and I’m dancing away with a girl who I’ve known.. and she’s close to me because she’s gave me a hug to say hello etc and she’s talking to me and it’s loud but shr then kissed me. Have I cheated on my gf

no you havent cheated on your girlfriend as tocheat requires the thought process and the action, and you didnt have the thought process to cheat and nor did you know you were going to be kissed by someone.

What you friend did was wrong, (im assuming she knows you have a girlfriend)- yes she can blame the drink but its no excuse.

I would suggest you move on from this by one of the following and only you can make the decision:

go on as normal - dont tell your girlfriend anything and remain normal with your female friend (the risk to this is, she may well tell your girlfriend herself or tell others which may come back to your girlfriend)

Tell your girlfriend what happend, tell her you are shocked and you will be cutting ties with your friend (of course this means you lose a friend, but also may mean your girlfriend doesnt believe you 100% and holds a grudge)

Reply 2
Original post by NKNK12
no you havent cheated on your girlfriend as tocheat requires the thought process and the action, and you didnt have the thought process to cheat and nor did you know you were going to be kissed by someone.

What you friend did was wrong, (im assuming she knows you have a girlfriend)- yes she can blame the drink but its no excuse.

I would suggest you move on from this by one of the following and only you can make the decision:

go on as normal - dont tell your girlfriend anything and remain normal with your female friend (the risk to this is, she may well tell your girlfriend herself or tell others which may come back to your girlfriend)

Tell your girlfriend what happend, tell her you are shocked and you will be cutting ties with your friend (of course this means you lose a friend, but also may mean your girlfriend doesnt believe you 100% and holds a grudge)

I’ve only been with my girlfriend 7 months and she always said she’d never take a cheat back. I’m scared to tell her however there are some photos and you can see me and her close together which I’m very scared of but we was honestly just speaking in the photos but our faces are close together and she has her arm around me

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending