The Student Room Group

Got ALL B's in my GCSE's.. medicine

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Syedishtyaq
If you can get the right A-Level grades, You can, But deffo not at Oxford as they look at the GCSE grades...

That's my whole point about applying for foundation medicine courses and being realistic! :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 101
Original post by Ronove
One relatively short sentence, to be pedantic. :tongue:

On phone, sorry! :p:

What is that link supposed to be showing?

Imperial no longer offers a four year GEM course, as of this year. This year multiple other GEM courses have drastically cut their numbers.

I was curious about the link too.

Imperial go to 5 year from 2015 onwards
SGUL cut 50% of their GEP places from 2014 entry onwards.
Leicester stop the course, 2015 last intake.
All other schools in England mandated a cut in numbers ~2% I think.

Anyone I've missed?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Zorg

Anyone I've missed?

Not sure to be honest, I haven't been paying closer attention than you for obvious reasons. :tongue:
Reply 103
Original post by Ronove
Not sure to be honest, I haven't been paying closer attention than you for obvious reasons. :tongue:

I'll hold my hands up, I've kept my ear quite close to the ground for this :yup:
Original post by Zorg

Anyone I've missed?

The link has nothing to do with GEM! !!! Bloody hell. .I just mentioned it as something to be taken into consideration! Yes op is doing AS levels but she does not have much of an idea about what's she's aiming for like unis etc etc ..The link just lists all the medical schools in the UK. .so she can search them individually and contact admissions tutors! Nothing ignorant there!
Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by lozasaurus99
The link has nothing to do with GEM! !!! Bloody hell. .I just mentioned it as something to be taken into consideration! Yes op is doing AS levels but she does not have much of an idea about what's she's aiming for like unis etc etc ..The link just lists all the medical schools in the UK. .so she can search them individually and contact admissions tutors! Nothing ignorant there!
Posted from TSR Mobile

Why was it in a reply to me about GEM programmes then...?
Reply 106
Posted from TSR Mobile

Ok so we're posting random information in the hope the other person makes some use of it?
1 of those is does not teach medicine and two are graduate only schools.
Yes! It's for her to search and see for herself, than people on the tsr providing false informatio.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 108
Yes! It's for her to search and see for herself, than people on the tsr providing false informatio.

Posted from TSR Mobile

So maybe structure your posts and say that. Otherwise it's little better than just spamming and confusing the OP.
Original post by Zorg
So maybe structure your posts and say that. Otherwise it's little better than just spamming and confusing the OP.

Okay thanks for the input:smile: the tsr police may arrest me now ! That's more words being brutal ..oh no I must stop! After all, we are trying to support op who is obviously quite lost and is seeking advice. So either way as this is her thread, she would read everything out of curiosity & for useful information!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 110
Okay thanks for the input:smile: the tsr police may arrest me now ! That's more words being brutal ..oh no I must stop! After all, we are trying to support op who is obviously quite lost and is seeking advice. So either way as this is her thread, she would read everything out of curiosity & for useful information!

Posted from TSR Mobile

1. Gets butt hurt by misunderstanding post
2. Maintains position despite lack of knowledge on topic.
3. Cannot take any criticism.
4. ???
5. Does not profit.
Original post by Zorg
1. Gets butt hurt by misunderstanding post
2. Maintains position despite lack of knowledge on topic.
3. Cannot take any criticism.
4. ???
5. Does not profit.

You listing this simply just shows your lack of maturity at age 18/19. I pity you Good luck for your future

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by Kadak
What uni did you apply to ? and what were your GCSE grades ?

I realise this is probably too late to help!
I got A*, 7A's and a B. ABBB at AS and AAA at A-level.

Currently at Sheffield.
Posted from TSR Mobile

You could have applied for the medicine with a foundation year if you meet the requirements.
Foundation year usually has different A-level requirements in terms of subject, not grade.

At Sheffield, at least when I applied, they're aimed at student who still do very well at A-level (AAA), but have taken arts subjects instead of science. My A-levels were Chem, Bio and Eng Lang Lit.

I imagine foundation year competition is greater too, just due to the very small amount of places available at each uni.
Posted from TSR Mobile
True.The small amount of places is terrifying.
I only did 1 GCSE and Im resitting it along with 4 other GCSEs I'm sitting the first time round. I hope they consider my extenuating circumstances..

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending