The Student Room Group

Saudi Arab propose to move Prophet Muhammed(pbuh)'s tomb

One of Islam’s most revered holy sites the tomb of the Prophet Mohamed could be destroyed and his body removed to an anonymous grave under plans which threaten to spark discord across the Muslim world.

The controversial proposals are part of a consultation document by a leading Saudi academic which has been circulated among the supervisors of al-Masjid al-Nabawi mosque in Medina, where the remains of the Prophet are housed under the Green Dome, visited by millions of pilgrims and venerated as Islam’s second-holiest site. The formal custodian of the mosque is Saudi Arabia’s ageing monarch King Abdullah.

The plans, brought to light by another Saudi academic who has exposed and criticised the destruction of holy places and artefacts in Mecca the holiest site in the Muslim world call for the destruction of chambers around the Prophet’s grave which are particularly venerated by Shia Muslims....

Full story - http://www.independent.co.uk/news/world/middle-east/saudis-risk-new-muslim-division-with-proposal-to-move-mohameds-tomb-9705120.html

Thoughts?

Scroll to see replies

Lol do Saudi want a coup or something.
Reply 2
Nah they wouldn't dare. I'd get the entire ummah to protest if they did. And I'd be the leader:tongue:
I thought they were going to rip it down and move him into a unmarked grave

Personally I think it's a good idea
Ripping it down and moving it is more damaging than it being graffitied.
Original post by Skip_Snip
Ripping it down and moving it is more damaging than it being graffitied.

Why?

One is supposed to be a sin the other isn't

Or is this 'sin' OK
Original post by Radicalathiest
Why?

One is supposed to be a sin the other isn't

Or is this 'sin' OK

To be fair, I don't really care what happens to the tomb :tongue:

But if they're destroying it to avoid it being damaged, it's a bit like cutting your head off so you can't have a nosebleed.
Lol - so whilst IS are butchering Muslims and non-Muslims throughout the Middle East, this is clearly the most pressing issue Muslims need to be concerned with huh?

Priorities, not even once.
Original post by Skip_Snip
To be fair, I don't really care what happens to the tomb :tongue:

But if they're destroying it to avoid it being damaged, it's a bit like cutting your head off so you can't have a nosebleed.

No it seems they want to destroy it to prevent shirq

his body will then be moved to an unmarked grave again to prevent shirq.

After all if they belive this is a sin who are you (you don't live there) to say how they can manage thier faith and the action they take to ensure their faith is followed as they see fit
Original post by Democracy
Lol - so whilst IS are butchering Muslims and non-Muslims throughout the Middle East, this is clearly the most pressing issue Muslims need to be concerned with huh?

Lol - we can be concerned with more then one issue at a time. It's not really hard. So lets say a British Muslim like me just concentrated on IS, other then speaking out against IS, what can I do? Speaking out doesn't really require 24/7 attention.

Perhaps you may find multitasking hard, but others don't.
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Democracy

Original post by IdeasForLife
Lol - we can be concerned with more then issue at a time. It's not really hard. So lets say a British Muslim like me just concentrated on IS, other then speaking out against IS, what can I do? Speaking out doesn't really require 24/7 attention.

Perhaps you may find multitasking hard, but others don't.

Lol - gg
If the Saudi King tries to destroy the tomb; Muslims around the world would unite and end the Saudi royal family.
I kinda want them to, just for an excuse to grab some popcorn :tongue:
Original post by Tan hussain
If the Saudi King tries to destroy the tomb; Muslims around the world would unite and end the Saudi royal family.

What all of them:biggrin:

that would be a first given that if you put 2 muslims in a room you'll get three different opinions :biggrin:
Reply 15
Original post by Fenrirs_space
I kinda want them to, just for an excuse to grab some popcorn :tongue:

dark-knight-joker-best-quote.jpg
You and me both.
Reply 17
Haven't they already turned his wife's house and grave into a car park or something?
Reply 18
its impossible, i know the wahabis really want to destroy the prophets grave, but they will cannot do it
Reply 19
Original post by Ggmu!
I blame American Jews and the media for this.

Posted from TSR Mobile

Why do you keep repeating yourself?

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending