The Student Room Group

Choosing between courses (business)

Poll

which is better and more fun to study?

Hi, I'm studying A2 business studies, maths, and spanish at the moment and having a little difficulty deciding what course to pursue as applications are approaching :L

courses i'm deciding between are:
- international business (maybe with spanish)
I'm really interested in the international aspect and how business grow/expand. especially with a language i think that would help give me an edge of some sort. i've looked at the course content for a few different universities which seem really cool but i'm concerned as to whether it's worth taking in terms of how its regarded and also whether it's enjoyable/interesting? because many of the modules are new to me and i want something that isn't too monotonous.
I prefer somewhere around london but not all business schools offers this course.

- business management
I know this is a pretty broad course which is why I feel like its a safer choice to go for and that the optional modules allow you to tailor it into something you like so i can also somehow include languages and an international aspect with it.
The course content seems a bit more comforting because i can see how it spins off from my business studies now and i know i can enjoy it.
it is also offered by most if not all the universities that have business.
But many universities require about an AAB or AAA for this, which is more than international business and is kinda out of reach after my results. I feel like i can get the AAB but teachers are hesitant now and have lowered my predictions asdfghjkl;

which is better/more beneficial?
any advice?
university recommendations would be cool too!

Thankss!
Original post by randomcitizen
Hi, I'm studying A2 business studies, maths, and spanish at the moment and having a little difficulty deciding what course to pursue as applications are approaching :L

I'm really interested in the international aspect and how business grow/expand. especially with a language i think that would help give me an edge of some sort. i've looked at the course content for a few different universities which seem really cool but i'm concerned as to whether it's worth taking in terms of how its regarded and also whether it's enjoyable/interesting? because many of the modules are new to me and i want something that isn't too monotonous.
I prefer somewhere around london but not all business schools offers this course.

- business management
I know this is a pretty broad course which is why I feel like its a safer choice to go for and that the optional modules allow you to tailor it into something you like so i can also somehow include languages and an international aspect with it.
The course content seems a bit more comforting because i can see how it spins off from my business studies now and i know i can enjoy it.
But many universities require about an AAB or AAA for this, which is more than international business and is kinda out of reach after my results. I feel like i can get the AAB but teachers are hesitant now and have lowered my predictions asdfghjkl;

any advice?

Thankss!

what grades did you get? there are many unis that offer management with a wide range of entry requirements?
Original post by idgentles
what grades did you get? there are many unis that offer management with a wide range of entry requirements?

unfortunately I got BCD.
Before we broke off for summer and got our results and were meant to talk with our teachers about predicted grades and I was expected an AAC :L I know I couldve achieved that which is reaaaally frustrating but i know i didnt do enough work for it.

and yeah just worried I won't get into a uni which I'd be happy in and all
unfortunately I got BCD.
Before we broke off for summer and got our results and were meant to talk with our teachers about predicted grades and I was expected an AAC :L I know I couldve achieved that which is reaaaally frustrating but i know i didnt do enough work for it.

and yeah just worried I won't get into a uni which I'd be happy in and all

I'll PM you

- business management

any advice?

Thankss!

It doesn't really matter that much between International Business and Business Management or just Management. Most of the time it is just a name and when you compare the actual course units you will find they are almost the same except for a couple of course units.

If you are not expecting good predicted grades, then just go for the one with lower requirements. You can always try to switch course once you can get in and have a better idea of what you want then.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending