The Student Room Group

choosing a level subjects

Hello, I need to choose A level courses and I have difficulty in choosing 1 course, I would be glad if you can help me. First of all, I want to be a computer engineer or a profession related to computers. My first course will be computer science and the second course will be mathematics, but I didn't know which course to choose for the third one, so I was stuck between physics and business. I chose Business so that if I cannot become a computer engineer, I can at least become an entrepreneur. If I ever start a game company that is related to computers, I need to know business for that company. I don't know what physics has to do with computers. Thank you in advance for your interest and help.
Reply 1
Recommend Physics. You don't need a business A-Level to become an entrepreneur and although it has a lot of transferrable skills it probably wont be as useful as you think, you can always pick 4 and drop 1 if you really are unsure. (Further maths is also recommended by top unis i.e warwick iirc)
Reply 2
So, are there any sixth form schools in London that you recommend?
Reply 3
Original post by şirin
Hello, I need to choose A level courses and I have difficulty in choosing 1 course, I would be glad if you can help me. First of all, I want to be a computer engineer or a profession related to computers. My first course will be computer science and the second course will be mathematics, but I didn't know which course to choose for the third one, so I was stuck between physics and business. I chose Business so that if I cannot become a computer engineer, I can at least become an entrepreneur. If I ever start a game company that is related to computers, I need to know business for that company. I don't know what physics has to do with computers. Thank you in advance for your interest and help.

comp sci, maths, physics, further maths or economics (not business!)
Reply 4
Original post by şirin
So, are there any sixth form schools in London that you recommend?

bma, lae, ncs

Quick Reply

Latest