On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website

anyone who don't like drinking/clubbing - southampton freshers2014

Scroll to see replies

Reply 80
Original post by jun897
Hi Guys! I just joined tsr because of this thread!
Im doing undergrad masters mechanical engineering and im in connought E (close enough to monte) and a boy :P

Did a facebook group ever get made? I love to be in!

Thanks

I think a group did get made, Rex asked people to message him facebook details earlier. As a side note, nice! I'm also doing MechEng, although I'm staying at Glen Eyre
On campus at the University of Southampton
University of Southampton
Southampton
Visit website
Original post by rex566
Hiya! U can send me a link of ur fb profile and then I will add u to the group chat! :smile:

done :biggrin: did the message work?
Reply 82
Original post by rachel1357
done :biggrin: did the message work?

+1

Did you get mine? Thanks

I cant be the only one not going to the connaught welcome party thing tonight?
Original post by jun897
+1

Did you get mine? Thanks

I cant be the only one not going to the connaught welcome party thing tonight?

I didn't get anything :/ but then I don't really get how most of tsr works

dw, I'm not going to the Connaught party either, but that's cause I'm at glen eyre :P
Reply 84
I didn't get anything :/ but then I don't really get how most of tsr works

dw, I'm not going to the Connaught party either, but that's cause I'm at glen eyre :P

Haha, unfortunately theres a bar between me and everything lol. And to make it worse all the nights out start at the bar, so until they leave i prefer to stay room bound incase someone tries to pull me along :frown:
Original post by jun897
Haha, unfortunately theres a bar between me and everything lol. And to make it worse all the nights out start at the bar, so until they leave i prefer to stay room bound incase someone tries to pull me along :frown:

yup that was me yesterday, I was in my room and there was a lot of my block in the corridor/kitchen being loud :/ I don't really mind though, I had a nice enough evening staying in, I would've hated to go anyway :P
Reply 86
Yeah pretty much whats happening now and same yesterday! i had a mug of coffee and watched the football highlights *(insert favourite TV show here)*. And using headphones :smile: investing in a good pair is essential at Uni!
Reply 87
Original post by jun897
Yeah pretty much whats happening now and same yesterday! i had a mug of coffee and watched the football highlights *(insert favourite TV show here)*. And using headphones :smile: investing in a good pair is essential at Uni!

Oh and the coffee and sugar and creamer sachets are wicked so with my kettle i dont have to leave my room!
Original post by jun897

I'm dragged into the bar, in there right now but I don't drink :tongue: (don't wanna be alone) I think I might unwatch this thread to keep myself anomalous! My username will give away too much. :redface:

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by jun897
Oh and the coffee and sugar and creamer sachets are wicked so with my kettle i dont have to leave my room!

haha brilliant, I hafta make all the food/drink I want beforehand, I have a couple of drinks with them and then I retreat to my room to watch downton abbey in my case :P

on another note, we should defo have some sort of meet up for people from this thread in this week, I guess that's easier to do through facebook though..
Reply 90

Same here. I decided to spend some time cooking, and now I have a dish of Lasagne to tide me through the rest of the weeks lunches. Nobody realised that my ulterior motive was that it gave me an excuse not to go out with them :biggrin:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Tom
Same here. I decided to spend some time cooking, and now I have a dish of Lasagne to tide me through the rest of the weeks lunches. Nobody realised that my ulterior motive was that it gave me an excuse not to go out with them :biggrin:

now I want to make lasagne, maybe I should sometime this week :P most I've cooked so far is sweet potato fries
glen eyre too? which block?
Reply 92
now I want to make lasagne, maybe I should sometime this week :P most I've cooked so far is sweet potato fries
glen eyre too? which block?

I'm in Roll Court. Right at the top. Honestly, I'm glad I don't like clubbing, because I really don't fancy 3 flights of concrete stairs while drunk. What about you?
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by _Tom
I'm in Roll Court. Right at the top. Honestly, I'm glad I don't like clubbing, because I really don't fancy 3 flights of concrete stairs while drunk.

cool, I'm in new terrace so the other side of glen eyre really, I haven't been to the rest of here yet
Reply 94
cool, I'm in new terrace so the other side of glen eyre really, I haven't been to the rest of here yet

I haven't really either. I've seen some of the stuff walking through towards highfields though, and it's a nice looking place. Kinda sour that my building is just a flat, white monolith though. Especially since one of my friends from secondary school is in South Hill :mad:
Reply 95
Just signed up to tsr after seeing this thread! So so happy to see there are others in the same boat as I am! I don't do drinking or clubbing really lol.. Wanted to ask you guys on this thread am I the only one who knows no one from my course yet?! I am going to be commuting so finding it even harder to meet anyone lol
Reply 96
Original post by Pb_
Just signed up to tsr after seeing this thread! So so happy to see there are others in the same boat as I am! I don't do drinking or clubbing really lol.. Wanted to ask you guys on this thread am I the only one who knows no one from my course yet?! I am going to be commuting so finding it even harder to meet anyone lol

I met a couple in the queue to register, and one of them went to my secondary school. Haven't really had an opportunity to get to know any of them, though, since we all had to rush off and do other things. There seems to be a social event on the timetable where you can meet your coursemates and tutors, at least for MechEng
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by Pb_

I don't know anyone yet either, haven't had any course events so idk where people are meeting each other :P
Reply 98
I don't know anyone yet either, haven't had any course events so idk where people are meeting each other :P

Phew! Glad to know it isn't just me! What course are you doing?:smile:
Reply 99
Original post by _Tom
I met a couple in the queue to register, and one of them went to my secondary school. Haven't really had an opportunity to get to know any of them, though, since we all had to rush off and do other things. There seems to be a social event on the timetable where you can meet your coursemates and tutors, at least for MechEng

Register? And lol what a coincidence! Have you already met people from your course then? I seem to have registration and stuff on my timetable for Wednesday.. So guess I'll be meeting people from my course then :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending