The Student Room Group

Re-sitting exams as an external student

Last year I achieved ABB but needed AAA to get to the University of my choice, so didn't get in with the course I wanted.

I have decided to take a gap year, and was wondering if it is possible to resit just a few exams externally.

The specifications are still the same this year, and I am only 9 UMS points off an A in Biology, so was wondering if it would be possible to keep my coursework score, and the exams I did well in?

Then re-do an exam which will hopefully boost my grade up to an A.
Original post by lufc_dan
Last year I achieved ABB but needed AAA to get to the University of my choice, so didn't get in with the course I wanted.

I have decided to take a gap year, and was wondering if it is possible to resit just a few exams externally.

The specifications are still the same this year, and I am only 9 UMS points off an A in Biology, so was wondering if it would be possible to keep my coursework score, and the exams I did well in?

Hey, just giving this thread a little bump in the hopes someone will see it and reply :smile:

Have you found University Connect yet? It's super useful for finding other people on your course/at your university! :smile:

yes all of that is possible.
Hi,

I think if you want to, you can probably do it at your school - just contact them. I let my school know immediately what my plans are so I was told my options early on, so I'm retaking exams there. They may not offer you any other support though.

And yes, you can keep your coursework scores and just retake the modules you didn't do so well in.

Hope this helps :smile:
Reply 4

Yes, that's fine. You just need to find a centre willing to accept you as a private candidate, your old school/college is the most likely option.

The entry deadline is 21 February but make sure you get it sorted well in advance of that as it may be tricky finding a centre.

Quick Reply

Latest