The Student Room Group

Is re-taking a BTEC possible?

I received a Pass in one of my BTECs which brought my total UCAS points a lot, I’ve decided to take a gap year instead of going straight to uni so i can make some money to help pay off future student loans and as well as this i wanted to retake the BTEC to hopefully get my grade to a M/D which i know i can do. Only issue is i have no idea if that’s possible, since ur BTEC grade is from all ur work through our year12/13 but i only want to do 1 year so i can go into a good University next year. I’m just wondering if anyone knows what happens if u want to re take a BTEC?
Original post by Azuuree382
I received a Pass in one of my BTECs which brought my total UCAS points a lot, I’ve decided to take a gap year instead of going straight to uni so i can make some money to help pay off future student loans and as well as this i wanted to retake the BTEC to hopefully get my grade to a M/D which i know i can do. Only issue is i have no idea if that’s possible, since ur BTEC grade is from all ur work through our year12/13 but i only want to do 1 year so i can go into a good University next year. I’m just wondering if anyone knows what happens if u want to re take a BTEC?

You can resit external units (the ones assessed via exams) twice - so that's three attempts in total. The rules are detailed here.

I don't believe you can be reassessed for internal units (the ones assessed via coursework).

You can transfer your BTEC from one school / college to another, but I suspect it'll be a lot simpler if your arrange the resits of the external units through your original school / college. If they don't offer that, you'll need to ring around some other colleges until you find one which will (a) accept you as a transfer student and (b) allow you to resit the exams.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending