The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Original post by Old_Simon
On the subject of managers Klopp needs to earn a lot more cash before he retired. He can't stay at Dortmund forever.
He's 47 so he's only got 20 odd years to do that in. Probably a lucrative spell as German National team manager in there too. We aren't temping him away with cash, he would seem to be a bit of an idealist.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 181
Is this your best first XI?

--------------------------------------De Gea------------------------

------------------Smalling---------Evans-------------Rojo------------------

--------Rafael--------------Blind----------Herrera---------------Shaw----

--------------------------------------Di Maria------------------------------------

------------------------------Falcao-------Van Persie------------------------
Just a starting idea for the new thread head graphic. Ideas / feedback welcome.

Love the subtitle underneath the heading xD
Original post by Zerforax
What happens if you don't finish 3rd/4th this season? Do you sack LVG?

Sacking LvG would be foolish. If the team has gelled well and are producing results come the latter half of the season, then I see no reason why he should get the sack. We are in the process of a massive rebuilding, and sacking LvG would delay that, in the same way the construction of a building would be severely delayed if the head architect was fired
Original post by AbdulKoyes
Love the subtitle underneath the heading xD

tx
Original post by Play Secretaryy
chiselled from granite jesus ****ing christ

tx for the feedback lol
This is quite possibly the single cringiest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

This whole thread is such a ****hole lol, LvGOAT, repeated pining for Reus and Klopp, 'WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED', everyone sucking Eboracum's troll dick, and now this. Wow.

Arsenal thread 18 has truly been overtaken

Calm down!

1) Only a few use the term 'LvGOAT' and they only do it in jest
2) Every fan of every club would pine over Reus and Klopp, we just happen to have a few that are more vocal about it
3) We are Manchester United though. I think we've earned the right to beat our chests just a little bit
4) No one sucks Eboracum's ****. His posts are merely funny, nothing more
5) The banners are just a bit of fun. Why so serious?
Original post by trrr

--------------------------------------Di Maria------------------------------------

Jones over Smalling
Original post by trrr

Jones might get a game injuries permitting. Rooney could go in for RVP. Januzaj really needs a slot somewhere. But your XI is pretty nailed on.
This is quite possibly the single cringiest thing I've ever seen on the internet.

This whole thread is such a ****hole lol, LvGOAT, repeated pining for Reus and Klopp, 'WE ARE MANCHESTER UNITED', everyone sucking Eboracum's troll dick, and now this. Wow.

Arsenal thread 18 has truly been overtaken

Did you just reference an Arsenal thread like it's a volume in a series of books?
Latest effort :wink:

Press conference should be underway and hopefully a bit more enlightening than yesterdays.
Original post by hayles101
Damn, once again..VERY late to the party. But I was out so can't be helped.

I have noticed I was showing Derby form in the last thread :tongue: no top 20.. Terrible. Been doing to much reading and not enough posting. I will make sure and keep up form in this one.

Just wanted to say that video was SO good. As others said, gives you goosebumps and brings so much emotion.

I so desperately want my club to get back to that again. I don't mean win the treble (which would be lovely one day) but that never say die attitude that was instilled in every single player that wore the shirt. It was so true, we could NEVER be written off. And clubs were terrified of us because of that.

We lost all of that under Moyes. The whole fear, the togetherness, the never say die attitude. Torn down so quickly. We even become a club that was likely to concede in the last 10 mins of a match, never mind score the winner. So painful to watch as a fan after what we had build for years. I trust, and hope, in time LVG can bring this togetherness back, with a new set of players. Potentially new legends. Not going to be easy, but I think we can get there again.

Posted from TSR Mobile

I gave you a heads up and you still came late to the party :colonhash:

Yeah the guy works really hard on his videos. It brings about so much emotion and attachment. We'll return back to the summit of English football soon, maybe even as early as next season.
One more lol

Shaw - Fit
Fellaini - Out for more than month
Jones - Maybe 3 weeks
Carrick - Not ready yet
Johnstone - Injured
Smalling - Not fit enough
Wilson - Not ready
James - Not ready
Young - Injured
Lingard - Injured

:colone:

Not looking forward to our defense, most likely Blackett, Evans, Rojo at a guess.

Still no mention of Rafael though, LVG must not rate him.

My guess for QPR, well i have two..

DDG
Blackett - Evans - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Blind - Shaw
Di Maria
Falcao - Rooney

or

DDG
Blackett- Evans - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Di Maria - Blind
Mata
Falcao - Rooney
(edited 9 years ago)
One more lol

pro photoshop skillz
Original post by Zürich

dat awkward moment when most of those players have left
Original post by _Morsey_
Shaw - Fit
Fellaini - Out for more than month
Jones - Maybe 3 weeks
Carrick - Not ready yet
Johnstone - Injured
Smalling - Not fit enough
Wilson - Not ready
James - Not ready
Young - Injured
Lingard - Injured

:colone:

Not looking forward to our defense, most likely Blackett, Evans, Rojo at a guess.

Still no mention of Rafael though, LVG must not rate him.

My guess for QPR, well i have two..

DDG
Blackett - Evans - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Blind - Shaw
Di Maria
Falcao - Rooney

or

DDG
Blackett- Evans - Rojo
Valencia - Herrera - Di Maria - Blind
Mata
Falcao - Rooney

I think the first one is bang on. I can definitely see LVG lining us up like that. Herrera and Di Maria in the middle seems way too attacking and I don't think LVG will pair them two together. This formation/team sheet guessing is doing my head in. Bring on Sunday!

Latest