The Student Room Group
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Module timings

I'm registered to start S104 in October. I've also been looking at which other modules I want to study after that. I'm a bit confused by the timings of the modules. It looks like they are all either Oct-Jun, or Jan-Sep. So how do you handle this, with either a several-month overlap, or a several-month gap before the next module? Do you just always stick with the same timing as the first module you chose (i.e. if your first module is an October start, then you always do October starts for the rest of your degree to keep the time of year the same - leaving you a three-month summer holiday each year)? When people talk about how many credits they do in a year, how does that work with the overlapping modules? E.g. if you start a 60-credit module in January, and then start another 60-credit one in October and finish in June, how many credits have you done in that year - seeing as it's not been exactly a year?
Reply 1
Original post by Watch Key Phone
I'm registered to start S104 in October. I've also been looking at which other modules I want to study after that. I'm a bit confused by the timings of the modules. It looks like they are all either Oct-Jun, or Jan-Sep. So how do you handle this, with either a several-month overlap, or a several-month gap before the next module? Do you just always stick with the same timing as the first module you chose (i.e. if your first module is an October start, then you always do October starts for the rest of your degree to keep the time of year the same - leaving you a three-month summer holiday each year)? When people talk about how many credits they do in a year, how does that work with the overlapping modules? E.g. if you start a 60-credit module in January, and then start another 60-credit one in October and finish in June, how many credits have you done in that year - seeing as it's not been exactly a year?

Academic year starts in September, so in your example would have done 60pts in one year and 60 in another. No problem with overlapping provided you're not doing more than 120pts at once.

However..assuming you're doing science modules- it's (almost) irrelevant now because most are moving to October starts only.
Student at the Open University
Open University
Milton Keynes

Quick Reply

Latest