(edited 8 years ago)
I got a friend who got in with ABB in maths,biology and chemistry :smile:
University of Manchester
University of Manchester
Manchester
[Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by STUDYREVISE
Wow, that's great. What did your friend get the A in?
Was there anything in particular that was in their advantage? Like some sort of extra experience?

I think the A was in maths and I think he did do work experience but to be honest all the optometry school do expect you to have done some work experience in a opticians anyways .
Do you think i could get in with Maths, Biology, Philosophy and AS Citizenship?? I picked maths bio and chem but feel like dropping chem and btw i just started sixthform and AS citizenship is compulsory in our school... :-/ i have already got a B in AS Philosophy, did it along with my gcses..

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile
Posted on TheStudentRoom
(edited 8 years ago)
Original post by mrnazz00923
Do you think i could get in with Maths, Biology, Philosophy and AS Citizenship?? I picked maths bio and chem but feel like dropping chem and btw i just started sixthform and AS citizenship is compulsory in our school... :-/ i have already got a B in AS Philosophy, did it along with my gcses..

Thanks

Posted from TSR Mobile

Well from the sciences Biology is the important one for optometry, a normal offer is AAB, which is usually from 2 sciences, in your case Biology and Maths and your third subject can be anything so Philosophy. If your aiming for optometry then yes even if you drop chemistry you will be considered normal from all the optom universities. However, Chemistry is important if you want to go into something like pharmacy. The actual Optom course consists mostly of biology,maths and physics so chemistry isn't really that important for it :smile:
Original post by haseebi82
Well from the sciences Biology is the important one for optometry, a normal offer is AAB, which is usually from 2 sciences, in your case Biology and Maths and your third subject can be anything so Philosophy. If your aiming for optometry then yes even if you drop chemistry you will be considered normal from all the optom universities. However, Chemistry is important if you want to go into something like pharmacy. The actual Optom course consists mostly of biology,maths and physics so chemistry isn't really that important for it :smile:

Cool! thanks!

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending