The Student Room Group

just came off the pill and terrified i'm pregnant please help!

I came off the pill because it was affecting my sex drive, and had a normal placebo pill period that finished on september 1st. i have been using condoms for protection since then, and recently my nipples have been feeling so sore. They have been like this for a good couple of days now so i don't think it is my period coming. So i'm absolutely petrified i'm pregnant! i was looking into how early you can take a pregnancy test and they all say they can be effective so and so days before the start of your period. but i just came off the pill, so i have NO idea when i'll next get a period, i don't know what to do...
Have you been using the condoms properly? Have any of them split? Or slipped?

If you've been using them as you should, then it is unlikely that you are pregnant. It could be the change in hormones (from coming off the pill) which are causing the sore nipples and if you keep stressing, then it could delay your period.

It would probably be about three weeks between the end of your last withdrawal bleed and your first proper period, so if your withdrawal bleed finished on 1 September, then I would expect your period to come sometime at the end of this week.

If it were me, then I would wait until I were sure I had missed a period (maybe five days after it should have started) before I took a pregnancy test.

Quick Reply

Latest