The Student Room Group

Not sure about second year

Hi there, basically I didn't do well in my first year exams and as a result didn't pass to second year. But I'm waiting to see whether my extenuating circumstances will allow me to retake the 3 failed modules this year, along with the first years. I find out on the 29th Sept...is there anything I need to do?
Afternoon. If you repeat part of the year with attendance your tuition fees will likely be based on the number of modules or credits that are to be studied. Also, you may be eligible for the full student finance package for the part of the year that you are repeating (subject to eligibility and any previous study undertaken).

You also mentioned extenuating circumstances. If you are repeating due to compelling personal reasons (CPR), Student Finance England has the discretion to disregard the affected year of study and so extend your funding support by one year, where acceptable evidence is provided. Although the affected year of study would be disregarded, you would still be liable to repay any loans taken out. You can discuss this with one of our help line advisers on 0300 100 0607.

Your university should contact Student Finance England to advise of the repeat study and correct level of tuition fee, if applicable. Once SFE receive this information, you will be re-assessed accordingly. You can then check the progress by logging in to your account via www.gov.uk/studentfinance.
Original post by closeenemies
Hi there, basically I didn't do well in my first year exams and as a result didn't pass to second year. But I'm waiting to see whether my extenuating circumstances will allow me to retake the 3 failed modules this year, along with the first years. I find out on the 29th Sept...is there anything I need to do?

Hi there. If you repeat part of the year with attendance your tuition fees will likely be based on the number of modules or credits that are to be studied. Also, you may be eligible for the full student finance package for the part of the year that you are repeating (subject to eligibility and any previous study undertaken).

You also mentioned extenuating circumstances. If you are repeating due to compelling personal reasons (CPR), Student Finance England has the discretion to disregard the affected year of study and so extend your funding support by one year, where acceptable evidence is provided. Although the affected year of study would be disregarded, you would still be liable to repay any loans taken out. You can discuss this with one of our help line advisers on 0300 100 0607.

Your university should contact Student Finance England to advise of the repeat study and correct level of tuition fee, if applicable. Once SFE receive this information, you will be re-assessed accordingly. You can then check the progress by logging in to your account via www.gov.uk/studentfinance.

If you repeat part of the year with attendance your tuition fees will likely be based on the number of modules or credits that are to be studied. Also, you may be eligible for the full student finance package for the part of the year that you are repeating (subject to eligibility and any previous study undertaken).

Hi there. If you repeat part of the year with attendance your tuition fees will likely be based on the number of modules or credits that are to be studied. Also, you may be eligible for the full student finance package for the part of the year that you are repeating (subject to eligibility and any previous study undertaken).

Apologies for the delay, we have experienced some technical issues responding to this thread.

For students who repeat part of the year with attendance their tuition fees will likely be based on the number of modules or credits that are to be studied. Also, they may be eligible for the full student finance package for the part of the year that they are repeating (subject to eligibility and any previous study undertaken).

For those students who are repeating due to compelling personal reasons (CPR), Student Finance England has the discretion to disregard the affected year of study and so extend funding support by one year, where acceptable evidence is provided. Although the affected year of study would be disregarded, the student would still be liable to repay any loans taken out. Students can discuss this further with one of our help line advisers on 0300 100 0607.

In your case, the university should contact Student Finance England to advise of the repeat study and correct level of tuition fee, if applicable. Once SFE receive this information, you will be re-assessed accordingly. You can then check the progress by logging in to your account via www.gov.uk/studentfinance.
(edited 9 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending