The Student Room Group

Can I go from a D to an A

Last year I got extremely lazy and literally did no revision for chemistry whatsoever. I've had a wake up call and have decided to work my backside off for a2's. My AS breakdown was:
Unit1 (30%)-U
Unit2 (50%)-E
Coursework(20%)-A
Overall Grade-D
If I were to retake my unit2 exam and achieve an A in it as well as A grades in my a2 exams would I get an A overall? Or will the U drag it down?
Reply 1
Resitting unit 1 will probably be easier than unit 2 because it seems so much easier after doing A2. I would just resit 1 and 2 if I was you. A2 Chemistry is a lot harder than AS but I'm sure you can do it if you put your head to it.
Tricky, ace A2 and get 90% on all units, get an A at AS and you should get an A* overall as long as you have got at least a B at AS
Reply 3
Original post by laym
Resitting unit 1 will probably be easier than unit 2 because it seems so much easier after doing A2. I would just resit 1 and 2 if I was you. A2 Chemistry is a lot harder than AS but I'm sure you can do it if you put your head to it.

Thanks for your help :smile:..I would retake both units but my sixth form will only let me retake one unit because of the workload
Reply 4
Original post by zyzz u mirin?
Tricky, ace A2 and get 90% on all units, get an A at AS and you should get an A* overall as long as you have got at least a B at AS

My coursework is at an A. So if I was to get an A in unit2 but unit1 remained at a U what would my grade be do you think?
Original post by Crystal4
My coursework is at an A. So if I was to get an A in unit2 but unit1 remained at a U what would my grade be do you think?

Tell me the UMS probably high B idk?

May I ask did your teacher give you a lot of help/friends or did you do it all by yourself if the latter is true then I believe you can rectify it yeh.
Reply 6
Tell me the UMS probably high B idk?

May I ask did your teacher give you a lot of help/friends or did you do it all by yourself if the latter is true then I believe you can rectify it yeh.

My coursework was 54 ums. The U in
unit1 was 29ums. I'm aiming for 90%+ in the unit2 retake. I'm doing ocr btw. And yeah my teacher didn't come in for 2 months during March/April due to a chest infection. And when she did come back I was stupid enough to sit at the back of the class gossiping with my friends so I went from an A* at gcse to a D at a level
My coursework was 54 ums. The U in
unit1 was 29ums. I'm aiming for 90%+ in the unit2 retake. I'm doing ocr btw. And yeah my teacher didn't come in for 2 months during March/April due to a chest infection. And when she did come back I was stupid enough to sit at the back of the class gossiping with my friends so I went from an A* at gcse to a D at a level

I would say that if you did 2 hours of chem each week day and 3 at the weekend that you could get an A* with understanding the content, doing practice papers etc.

Get a tutor maybe?

If what you are saying is true then I reckon you can do it yeah, but Chemistry is the most difficult A Level. Benched.

So it won't be easy but hard work pays off and all that yada.

Salters or OCR A?
Reply 8
I would say that if you did 2 hours of chem each week day and 3 at the weekend that you could get an A* with understanding the content, doing practice papers etc.

Get a tutor maybe?

If what you are saying is true then I reckon you can do it yeah, but Chemistry is the most difficult A Level. Benched.

So it won't be easy but hard work pays off and all that yada.

Salters or OCR A?

OCR A. I've started doing 3 hours per day on chemistry every weekday and am going to try and get 4 hours done on the weekends. But everyone I seem to talk to tells me what I am trying to do is unachievable and that I should just drop chem :frown:
Thank you very much for all your help btw
OCR A. I've started doing 3 hours per day on chemistry every weekday and am going to try and get 4 hours done on the weekends. But everyone I seem to talk to tells me what I am trying to do is unachievable and that I should just drop chem :frown:
Thank you very much for all your help btw

No problem.

Dont listen to haters brah, they are just sad kunts tbh.

Just work your ass off if you need help/advice in the cwk or exams I'd be happy to help.

If you need it to do the course/ like to do it then keep it.

Also a* in gcse chem is impressive, I should know :d

But really ace those papers, use chemguide, revision guides etc.

And remember we are all gunna ****ing make it brah.
Reply 10
No problem.

Dont listen to haters brah, they are just sad kunts tbh.

Just work your ass off if you need help/advice in the cwk or exams I'd be happy to help.

If you need it to do the course/ like to do it then keep it.

Also a* in gcse chem is impressive, I should know :d

But really ace those papers, use chemguide, revision guides etc.

And remember we are all gunna ****ing make it brah.

Lool! You're so right. You've made me feel so much more positive and motivated.
Best get revising! Thanks again x
Lool! You're so right. You've made me feel so much more positive and motivated.
Best get revising! Thanks again x

no problem :d

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending