The Student Room Group

Student finance no grant on summary?

My third and final time of applying for student finance and yet another battle with them, my scheduled payments only has my maintenance loan and my tuition fee payments on it, I am entitled to a grant but it is not there, my account is also saying its waiting for my mothers evidence but she sent this off a good 3 weeks or so ago as a paper document (due to student finance system not being able to find my account online) she would have sent the evidence off much sooner than this however we had to wait for SF to send the paper forms out and this took a long time to come. I'm now worried I am only getting the bare minimum in October as this won't even cover the cost for my accommodation... My mom has rang previously about the situation and all they have said is when they receive the evidence I will be paid but when is Unknown, I'm worried they may have lost her evidence as surely it would be on the system by now? How long should I wait before giving them another call? I'm going to have a very annoyed landlord in October as I won't be able to pay him (I've already delayed September rent money with him for the expected payment in October) student finance is such a frustrating process for me and I'd love some advice from anyone who has been in a similar situation ! Thanks.
(edited 9 years ago)
You and your mum missed the deadline by months so in all probability you will wait a good while yet.
Reply 2
Original post by balotelli12
You and your mum missed the deadline by months so in all probability you will wait a good while yet.

I didn't miss the deadline my end, everything was done and declaration signed in good time, it's only the evidence bit that has been delayed due to the online system not working and the paper documents taking a long time to be sent to me. But I don't even know if they have received the evidence that's the problem :/
The deadline to receive student finance on time was May 31st. After that and you may not get your money on time.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending