The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 1
Childs & Bridges are actually carbon copies of each other, which I'm pretty sure includes the rooms too. Now the childs rooms only actually had two sockets and some other nazi era bizzare socket for the crappy lamp they'll give you. You can easily get around this with a good quality n-way socket adapter, but make sure you get a surge protect. I spent the whole year using an 8-way adapter without any problems, and that fit in everything I needed/wanted.

As for the room itself, it's pretty much square and rather basic (bed, office chair, shelves, desk, another chair), but with some posters and other useless crap strewn around you can actually make them really nice. I'd recommened taking your own linen, the ones they'll provide are akin to that of a travelodge.
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
A bizzare socket?!?! Can you describe what you mean about that. Is it not just a normal 3 pin plug?

Btw i dont understand what you mean about "N way". Do you mean a normal 4/8 gang electrical extension lead (with in built surge protection) and a normal 3 pin plug attached?

How do other students manage with all their other mains electrical stuff eg tv,printer,phone charger and laptop etc?!?!

Also whats in these common kitchens, cooker microwave?

Any other info that you could give me to help me move in? Any website or anyfink?

Latest

Trending

Trending