The Student Room Group
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website

Not happy with accommodation offer at the University of Reading

Hi all,

I’ve applied for accommodation at the UOR with my 5 choices being all premium en-suites and self catered.

I was given an offer of my first choice but it being a shared bathroom at Bridges Hall which I do not like at all.

I am not feeling happy about this and what I could do to change this :frown:

Thank you
Original post by Anonymous
Hi all,

I’ve applied for accommodation at the UOR with my 5 choices being all premium en-suites and self catered.

I was given an offer of my first choice but it being a shared bathroom at Bridges Hall which I do not like at all.

Thank you

Hey @Anonymous,
Sorry to hear you're not happy with this! The course of action to take to get it sorted depends on whether or not you've accepted the accommodation offer.

If you have, unfortunately there is nothing that the accommodation team can do to change it, and we would suggest that you advertise your room to another UoR student here on TSR or in our facebook groups - you may be able to find someone to take over your tenancy. Alternatively, you can fill out our room move request form to try and find you a different room, but these are dependent upon room availability and matching your preferences.

Alternatively, if you haven't accepted it, I would suggest that you contact the accommodation team directly to see what they can do. You can contact them via telephone at 0118 200 5011, or by email at [email protected]. Regardless, I would still recommend you contact them if you have accepted your offer just to run through you options - they may have some suggestions for finding someone to take over the contract!

I really hope this has been helpful - if you have any other questions please don't hesitate to ask!
Kat
BA History Finalist
Student working at the Cole Museum
University of Reading
Reading
Visit website
Reply 2
Hi all,

Thank you

You can ask the accommodations team to put you on a waiting list. I anticipate that with results day/clearing approaching in August, there will be people who initially secured accommodation but won't end up enrolling. I think the University also reserves some rooms for postgraduates and returning students. If those don't get filled, they are offered back to the reserve list.

Alternatively, you may want to look at external student accommodation providers, which are all in close proximity to the University. I've attached a list of some of them below.

Aparto Students: Queens Court

Bagri Student: 191 Kings Road

City Block: Berkshire House

CRM Students: Central Studios

Hello Student: Saxon Court

Homes for Students: Crown House, Kendrick Hall

Prestige Living: 79 Silver Street, New Century Place

Hope this helps, and hope you find the accommodation that's for you.
Reply 3
Original post by m.elliot
You can ask the accommodations team to put you on a waiting list. I anticipate that with results day/clearing approaching in August, there will be people who initially secured accommodation but won't end up enrolling. I think the University also reserves some rooms for postgraduates and returning students. If those don't get filled, they are offered back to the reserve list.

Alternatively, you may want to look at external student accommodation providers, which are all in close proximity to the University. I've attached a list of some of them below.

Aparto Students: Queens Court

Bagri Student: 191 Kings Road

City Block: Berkshire House

CRM Students: Central Studios

Hello Student: Saxon Court

Homes for Students: Crown House, Kendrick Hall

Prestige Living: 79 Silver Street, New Century Place

Hope this helps, and hope you find the accommodation that's for you.

thank you! that’s so helpful
Reply 4
Hi all,

Thank you

Aww thats a shame you did not get an ensuite, hopefully the waiting list that the above poster will help you get one when results day comes out.
Hi all,

Thank you

i have an offer at benyon hall with en suite but it's only girls. I am thinking of commuting instead so if you want you can take my room.
Original post by Pharmacy2023
i have an offer at benyon hall with en suite but it's only girls. I am thinking of commuting instead so if you want you can take my room.

I’m interested, if you have other socials you can dm me?
Original post by BLAIRANSOR!1
I’m interested, if you have other socials you can dm me?

Hi I will pm you
Reply 8
Might be interested in taking your Bridges Hall room. Is it a premium room and is it a 40 week contract?
Original post by NadineFree
Might be interested in taking your Bridges Hall room. Is it a premium room and is it a 40 week contract?

Hi i have a room in benyon hall with ensuite if you are interested

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending