The Student Room Group

Maths/Physics degree - Part time job hours?

I'll be starting uni next week (York) and I have around 17 hours of lectures/practicals/workshops etc a week.

After accounting for contact hours, any extra work to do out of lectures, and extracurricular stuff, how many hours per week is usually available for maths or physics students to do a part time job? How many hours do current students recommend? (UoY recommends <20 hours per week as a general rule)
Original post by __Adam__
I'll be starting uni next week (York) and I have around 17 hours of lectures/practicals/workshops etc a week.

After accounting for contact hours, any extra work to do out of lectures, and extracurricular stuff, how many hours per week is usually available for maths or physics students to do a part time job? How many hours do current students recommend? (UoY recommends <20 hours per week as a general rule)

I do maths at Newcastle with around 18 contact hours a week + all of the extra work and stuff.

I still manage to do 13 hours at the weekend work. :smile:
Reply 2
Turns out I was a little bit off - misread my timetable and it turns out I have 22 hours/week, not 17

Quick Reply

Latest