The Student Room Group

Ask Me Anything - Been accepted to Generation easyJet Programme

Been accepted onto the Generation easyJet Programme at CAE - happy to give any advise

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by 00sevenmagic
Been accepted onto the Generation easyJet Programme at CAE - happy to give any advise

What qualifications do you have and which subjects do you recommend for A Level? Thanks
I only have A levels, but there are no requirments to even have A levels. All you need is a C in your GCSE's in Maths, Science and English.

So it doesn't matter what A levels you choose if want to become a pilot so I would say just do the ones you will enjoy. However, I would recommend doing maths A level as a good skill to have a could give you a slight advantage when applying to become a pilot as many give you maths tests before you apply (only GCSE maths level usually anyways).

Also, remember being a pilot is dependent on you passing a medical every year so do A levels that you can see your self falling back on in extreme scenario you lose your medical. Then you can do a degree ect...

You could do a degree before applying but unless you are on a none tagged ATPL course I don't see the point of a degree as gives you no advantage over others applying and just an extra 3 years before being a pilot. Why I say maybe consider a degree before applying if not doing a tagged course (or just want a good backup if thing go wrong) is because if for some reason don't get a job with an airline after pilot school then at least have a degree to fall back on a get a job. But would def recommend applying for a tagged course with a guaranteed job at the end like the generation easyJet course.

Best of luck
Original post by jackk_ii
What qualifications do you have and which subjects do you recommend for A Level? Thanks
Reply 3
Thank you! :smile:
Original post by 00sevenmagic
I only have A levels, but there are no requirments to even have A levels. All you need is a C in your GCSE's in Maths, Science and English.

So it doesn't matter what A levels you choose if want to become a pilot so I would say just do the ones you will enjoy. However, I would recommend doing maths A level as a good skill to have a could give you a slight advantage when applying to become a pilot as many give you maths tests before you apply (only GCSE maths level usually anyways).

Also, remember being a pilot is dependent on you passing a medical every year so do A levels that you can see your self falling back on in extreme scenario you lose your medical. Then you can do a degree ect...

You could do a degree before applying but unless you are on a none tagged ATPL course I don't see the point of a degree as gives you no advantage over others applying and just an extra 3 years before being a pilot. Why I say maybe consider a degree before applying if not doing a tagged course (or just want a good backup if thing go wrong) is because if for some reason don't get a job with an airline after pilot school then at least have a degree to fall back on a get a job. But would def recommend applying for a tagged course with a guaranteed job at the end like the generation easyJet course.

Best of luck
Hey,

May I ask how was the process of applying to the EastJet programme as I also want to become a pilot, however, I am only sadly at the age of 16! I was also planning to go to Uni first to get a degree as a backup in case the pilot career does not work for me.

I want to know if you have to take like a maths or a physics exam or anything like that after being accepted into the programme!
What questions did easyjet ask in the interviews?
Yes, at the time when I did it I had to do a maths and physics test. However it is only up to GCSE level, but could help if do maths/physics A level (I didn't do physics A level)
Original post by Anonymous1512
Hey,

May I ask how was the process of applying to the EastJet programme as I also want to become a pilot, however, I am only sadly at the age of 16! I was also planning to go to Uni first to get a degree as a backup in case the pilot career does not work for me.

I want to know if you have to take like a maths or a physics exam or anything like that after being accepted into the programme!
Wide range. The basics, like why you want to be a Pilot ect. As well as questions about easyJet, like what is their history, what are their values ect... just be yourself and as long as you are prepared and show your passion to become a Pilot (for easyJet) then you should be fine.
Original post by Cookie_Master
What questions did easyjet ask in the interviews?
Reply 8
What work experience did you do during your a-levels and what would help me stand out from the other participants?
Original post by shush1
What work experience did you do during your a-levels and what would help me stand out from the other participants?

I did not do any work experience directly regarding being a pilot... e.g. flying lessons, working at an airport. They want to see you are a people person and have good teamwork skills. So do something in a team. just show your interest and passion to want to be a pilot , that all they wanna see.
Can I ask if you are paid a salary during training from EasyJet?
Original post by Gerry Millar
Can I ask if you are paid a salary during training from EasyJet?

No, only after base traing you start on a salary
How were you able to finance your training, I’m considering getting a loan.
Reply 13
How long did they take to reply from stage 3?
Reply 14
Original post by Hbn123

For me only a few days, but varies a lot. Just because been waiting a while does not mean accepted
I hope you already attended it and was gone in the best way. Can you give me some advice on what ‘study’ for the assessment stage 2. I’m 19, I have a passion for aviation and now I’m cabin crew, but the pilot, well, I see myself nowhere else. I hope you can give me some advices.
Original post by Gianlu1805
I hope you already attended it and was gone in the best way. Can you give me some advice on what ‘study’ for the assessment stage 2. I’m 19, I have a passion for aviation and now I’m cabin crew, but the pilot, well, I see myself nowhere else. I hope you can give me some advices.

There are a few good websites with tests similar to what you get at stage 2, so would recommend them. Also brush up on your maths/mental maths and hand eye coordination - maybe do a but of flight simulator practice.
Reply 18
I get that the programme isn't open for applications now because of covid, but once the industry has recovered, is Generation Easyjet a yearly programme, or do they open it simply when they need more pilots?Also is part of the training in Phoenix or is that just for the integrated ATPL course?Lastly, say applications come out before I get my A-level results after y13, is it possible to put your predicted A-level grades and then have a place on a conditional offer or something similar - or would you have to give it a miss that year?Thanks so much :smile:
Hi there, I was accepted around the same time as you (couple of months later) and then the world imploded. The course obviously shut down, but I've just had news it's reopened, I'm trying to get more information on what that means for those of use who were accepted before but can't get through. Have you heard anything? Did you begin your training before? Thanks

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending