The Student Room Group
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website

University of Glasgow 2015 hopefuls!

Scroll to see replies

Original post by rachelc142
haha yeah do! I loved Glasgow, really excited that I might end up there

Same it's a really beautiful campus and it's local so ideal!
Graduation day, University of Glasgow
University of Glasgow
Visit website
Think Glasgow is my top choice now, aside Oxford which is almost impossible to get into! Then Edinburgh/Strathclyde but not sure between them two. I have an UC to Strathclyde which is nice, I want to live in Glasgow I think so that's a plus.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Got an offer for Classics!!

I am an international student and I do IB. the offer is 34 points in total with 665 HL (including English and Humanities).

Took around 4 days... so efficient...
Original post by Leopardstorm
Got an offer for Classics!!

I am an international student and I do IB. the offer is 34 points in total with 665 HL (including English and Humanities).

Took around 4 days... so efficient...

Congrats😊

Posted from TSR Mobile
Reply 84
hello,
I am an international student utterly shattered about my easy going nature in which I should had known the consequences.

I literally came into my senses after viewing my CIE AS results :
Economics - D
Accounting - D
Mathematics - D
Psychology - C

I redid economics & accounting in October and redoing math in January (edexcel). The down part is that i will not receive the results for the exams i did in october before the 15th of january (they come out on 23rd of jan).

Will the university not wait for my results if i leave these subjects as pending?

I have an average set of IGCSE grades : 6As and 3Bs

Is there any chance for me? at all?:frown:
(edited 9 years ago)
Original post by MO2898
Hi all,

having made a quick search and not being able to find a similar thread, I have decided to start a new one for anyone applying to Glasgow uni for 2015 entry, so go ahead and introduce yourselves!

Username : MO2898
AS results : AABB (maths, physics, Arabic, economics)
A2 predicted : AAB (maths, physics, Arabic)
Extras: Lancaster university summer school (July 2014), British Physics Olympiad (Nov 2014)
Course applied for : MSci Astronomy and Physics (AAB typical offer)

Sent my application last Monday, fingers crossed they won't be taking too long with a decision!

Good luck guys.

username: AlicePlez16
AS results: ABBB
A level predicted: AAA
Extras: Oxford Pembroke Corpus Christie History essay competition winner, work experience at Tameside council law department and Tameside library and archives.
Course: History

I have an offer of AAB
Just got an unconditional offer to study politics with philosophy😊 anyone else get an offer? Me and my friend both got one at 6.58pm

Posted from TSR Mobile
Hi, I'm not a 2015 applicant but I am a first year student at Glasgow so if you have any questions about Uni Life, Earth Science (my main degree), geography, archaeology or living in Glagsow I can maybe give some insight :smile: Good luck/congrats with your applications :biggrin:
Original post by Blondie987
Hi, I'm not a 2015 applicant but I am a first year student at Glasgow so if you have any questions about Uni Life, Earth Science (my main degree), geography, archaeology or living in Glagsow I can maybe give some insight :smile: Good luck/congrats with your applications :biggrin:

Hi there! :biggrin: I just sent off my application today and I've applied for earth science at Glasgow! I'm really scared incase I don't get an offer though. I got AAABB in my Highers which is the minimum! Is the course quite competitive?
Original post by Megzsurfxx
Hi there! :biggrin: I just sent off my application today and I've applied for earth science at Glasgow! I'm really scared incase I don't get an offer though. I got AAABB in my Highers which is the minimum! Is the course quite competitive?

Hi! I actually had the exact same grades as you when I applied (AAABB in Geography, Music, English, Maths & Biology) and I got an unconditional within a week of applying so if the system is the same as last year then you are a strong candidate! Although, obviously it does depend on the number of applicants. It has been a really popular course this year but it's a really good course to apply for as it encompasses so many subjects so just be optimistic and good luck! :smile:
Hi! I actually had the exact same grades as you when I applied (AAABB in Geography, Music, English, Maths & Biology) and I got an unconditional within a week of applying so if the system is the same as last year then you are a strong candidate! Although, obviously it does depend on the number of applicants. It has been a really popular course this year but it's a really good course to apply for as it encompasses so many subjects so just be optimistic and good luck! :smile:

Awesome!!! Thank you so much! Are u enjoying uni life?:smile: fingers crossed I get an offer, it looks like a great course! If I get in I'm definitely joining the surf club!! :biggrin:
Awesome!!! Thank you so much! Are u enjoying uni life?:smile: fingers crossed I get an offer, it looks like a great course! If I get in I'm definitely joining the surf club!! :biggrin:

In my opinion Uni life in Glasgow is amazing!, I've lived in Glasgow all my life and it's a great place to socialize in terms of places to go out with friends, restaurants etc. as it's so close to the city centre and obviously byres road too. Also, there are loads of clubs and societies to join so look into as many as possible:smile: Everyone is really friendly as well so if you do go to Glasgow I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!
In my opinion Uni life in Glasgow is amazing!, I've lived in Glasgow all my life and it's a great place to socialize in terms of places to go out with friends, restaurants etc. as it's so close to the city centre and obviously byres road too. Also, there are loads of clubs and societies to join so look into as many as possible:smile: Everyone is really friendly as well so if you do go to Glasgow I'm sure you'll really enjoy it!
ahh cool!! It sounds really amazing:biggrin: Yeah definitely, I'll be joining a lot if I get in! Thanks so much for giving me a bit of information about it! My friend is currently in first year and she is loving Glasgow too:smile: Good luck with your degree!
No problem, good luck with your application! :biggrin:
No problem, good luck with your application! :biggrin:

OMG!!!! I got an unconditional offer for earth science at Glasgow!!! I only sent it yesterday!!! I'm so happy ahhh:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Reply 95
In fifth year I got AAABB - my As were in English, History and Modern Studies and my Bs in Maths and French.

Just got an unconditional last night for English literature & History, really excited!
OMG!!!! I got an unconditional offer for earth science at Glasgow!!! I only sent it yesterday!!! I'm so happy ahhh:biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:

Congratulations! If you're still at school/college thought it will be sooo hard to stay motivated to work, but I'm sure you'll really love Glasgow! :biggrin:
Congratulations! If you're still at school/college thought it will be sooo hard to stay motivated to work, but I'm sure you'll really love Glasgow! :biggrin:
thankyou so much!!!! :smile: over the moon!! It's awesome how quick they were!! I'm on my final year ahh, I'm going to try and get some motivation but it'll be super hard!
Reply 98
I got my offer for history about three weeks ago! It's for AAB so Glasgow is probably going to end up being my insurance.
Anyone have a Law offer yet?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending