The Student Room Group

Possible extenuating circumstances..?

Hello,
I've already sent my UCAS application off (with my reference attached). However, my secondary school's pass rate at GCSE was about 48.5% for 5A*-C in the year I sat my GCSEs (2013). Would this be worth mentioning in the SAQ in the extenuating circumstances section? Or would they already have this information when they compile a spreadsheet with all the applicants names/grades etc?
There would be no point, Cambridge already have all that information and they will be looking at it
Reply 2
Original post by Sparticus515
There would be no point, Cambridge already have all that information and they will be looking at it

Oh- so do they look at the pass rate for that particular year, or will they look at an average?
Original post by bobbricks
Oh- so do they look at the pass rate for that particular year, or will they look at an average?

I think for the paticular year. If it helps my schools average was also 49% for my year and I only got 1A* and got in
Original post by bobbricks
Hello,
I've already sent my UCAS application off (with my reference attached). However, my secondary school's pass rate at GCSE was about 48.5% for 5A*-C in the year I sat my GCSEs (2013). Would this be worth mentioning in the SAQ in the extenuating circumstances section? Or would they already have this information when they compile a spreadsheet with all the applicants names/grades etc?

For the most part extenuating circumstances are normally things that affected you personally. (e.g. family deaths, illness, etc). But no harm in mentioning that, even if they are already aware.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending