The Student Room Group
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London

will i get into queen marys with these grades?

ive moved to a better sixthform but prior to moving i went to a school where most students failed and the school has a bad reputation as most of our teachers didnt even show up, it changed throughout year 11 as we got a new principal and the school turned around but i still got 8,7,6,6,6,5,5,5,5 gcse my alevel predicted are A*AA but i dont have the gcse requirements is it still possible for me to get into queens? its my dream uni but im panicking because i didnt get the gcse grades they require
Original post by rurmias
ive moved to a better sixthform but prior to moving i went to a school where most students failed and the school has a bad reputation as most of our teachers didnt even show up, it changed throughout year 11 as we got a new principal and the school turned around but i still got 8,7,6,6,6,5,5,5,5 gcse my alevel predicted are A*AA but i dont have the gcse requirements is it still possible for me to get into queens? its my dream uni but im panicking because i didnt get the gcse grades they require

For which course? Which GCSE grades did they require?
Students on campus at Queen Mary, University of London
Queen Mary, University Of London
London
Reply 2
law, im eligible to get my grades lowered and i could possibly be predicted A*A*A if that helps but im not sure if it will
Original post by rurmias
law, im eligible to get my grades lowered and i could possibly be predicted A*A*A if that helps but im not sure if it will

What GCSEs do they want?
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 4
7,7,7,6,6,6,6 are the entry requirements to study law there, i was wondering if i could make it up with a good personal statement, alevel predicted and the fact im eligible for lowering the grades
send an email to their admissions and ask because a lot of the time if people have gcses below the requirements they get auto rejected
Original post by rurmias
7,7,7,6,6,6,6 are the entry requirements to study law there, i was wondering if i could make it up with a good personal statement, alevel predicted and the fact im eligible for lowering the grades
Original post by user123456324
send an email to their admissions and ask because a lot of the time if people have gcses below the requirements they get auto rejected

Exactly this. I know of someone who had A* in economics yet only a 4 in GCSE maths when the requirement for Economics degree was a 5 or 6 (depending on course). Flat out rejection.
Original post by rurmias

You'll certainly need a contextual offer. Contact them and explain.
Reply 8
Definitely email them, if you really want to go then reach out
Reply 9
Original post by rurmias

If those are your grades then you’re sorted no problem, I have worse grades than you and still got accepted 😅
Another important thing to consider is getting in through clearing if that’s possible for law
Original post by rurmias

you will be fine, no need to email them or anything, i got into Queen Marys despite having a 4 in maths when it was a key requirement to have a 5 or 6 for their Software Engineering course, plus i only had one of the two required subjects at A level - they still accepted me so the thing about them auto rejecting people whose gcse grades are below requirements is nonsense, at least for my course 🤷*♀️
Reply 12
Original post by Anonymous
you will be fine, no need to email them or anything, i got into Queen Marys despite having a 4 in maths when it was a key requirement to have a 5 or 6 for their Software Engineering course, plus i only had one of the two required subjects at A level - they still accepted me so the thing about them auto rejecting people whose gcse grades are below requirements is nonsense, at least for my course 🤷*♀️

what was your course?
Original post by 444user22
what was your course?

BSc Hons Software Engineering for Business, i applied in 2020 for their 2021/22 intake, not sure if they still offer the course
Original post by rurmias

Hey there! Please don't panic- It is very possible for you to get in! you can contact the admissions team and let them know of the extenuating circumstances if you haven't already. Your predicteds are very good and they hold more weight- so I would think you'll be well placed for the extenuating circumstances to be considered. Even without the extenuating circumstances like I said, it is very possible for you to get in depending on other things like your predicteds, your personal statement, and also how many places there are. Please do let me know if I can be of any further help!
(edited 9 months ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending