The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
i think its cool when i see details in a dream that i shouldnt really know. For example, a phone number ive used a few times but never learnt, or i see a car registration that ive never learnt but is right in the dream. If i notice facts like this i sometimes write down what i can remember and then check up.
Sanity Panda
I'd like to lucid dream... But I've got one major problem with it. When I'm trying to recall dreams.

I don't know... it seems as if I'm in a very deep sleep when I'm sleeping, I've been a late to school a couple of times because I couldn't hear the alarm go off.

Can anyone comfirm this please? Are we in a more deep state when we're concentrating on dreaming and recalling em.

Probbly, because, like, your putting more effort into it, so your sorta focusing on this one thing and are oblivious to things around you.
Mmm figured it might be something like that. Cheers for that then.
I dunno if I should then, I'm not very good at waking up by myself.

Makes me a little sad though that I won't be able to do so though :frown:
Well I haven't lucid dreamed before, but I've tried having OBEs (out of body experience). I used to listen to special cds which help induce a state of relaxation, but the hard part was keeping awake... I have only got to this point where I feel vibrations and coldness, then I get excited and break out of the state :redface:
Reply 44
Usually when I wake up after a bad dream, I find myself surrounded in yellow substance.

:sleep: :sleep: ;banana2; ;banana2; #hump# #hump# #troll# #beard# ;hijf; ;hijf; ;hijf;
Reply 45
I don't know if it's on those sites you listed, I've not had a chance to have a proper look, but one technique for inducing lucid dreaming I read was as follows:

Throughout the day, hold the palms of your hands out in front of you, look down at them and say (aloud or to yourself) "Am I dreaming?". The answer is obviously no.
If you do this enough, and it becomes a habit, eventually during the course of a normal dream, you will do this, just because it's a part of everyday life. At this point you will realise, yes, you are dreaming, and lucid dreaming will follow.

Or so I was told. Good luck!
doctormbbs
Usually when I wake up after a bad dream, I find myself surrounded in yellow substance.

Mustard by any chance?
Reply 47
dutch_stud
There is a larger differences between these guys and normal people, than between apes and normal people..

That is a ludricrous statement with no scientific basis. If you wish to dispute my (and the rest of the scientific world's opinion), please reference your claims with the relevant primary literature. Otherwise, don't believe everything people tell you. Thank you.
never knew it was called lucid dreaming. ive always seemed to remember my dreams. ive been able to manipulate them for a while. the first time i was able to manipulate was when i realised i dreamt in black and white. i dream in colour sometimes, yet mostly in b&w. i remember that at 12, someone said most people dream in b&w, and i wanted to see if i did. in my dream, i asked someone holding a photo if it was in colour. it was, yet the world around me was b&w. i realised i was dreaming and woke up, yet used the b&w queue to help me in future.

i question all the time in real life, and question odd occurrences in dreams. another queue ive recently developed is if i think im dreaming, ill try and fly. it was weird, the ground below me was in cartoon form. lately, i havent woke up after realising im dreaming, and can be able to manipulate events. its got even stranger lately, as events in the dreams have alerted me. this involved getting shot and staying asleep and falling through a window. the latter was really weird as the reflection showed me i was dreaming as someone else- another queue ive learnt, as is a dream which involves you at another stage in your life, eg 5 years ago. if you can develop your own queues and triggers, lucid dreaming should be easier.
I didn't know you could train yourself to lucid dream.

I've been doing it for most, if not all of my life. I always remember my dreams and I've always had the ability to know I'm dreaming and to change them as I see fit. I can also wake myself up if I need to. It's just natural to me to be able to do so.

Last night I dreamt about a friend of mine and while talking to him I decided to have him turn blonde with long hair and change his outfit. :smile:
BlackHawk

I didn't know you could train yourself to lucid dream.

I've been doing it for most, if not all of my life. I always remember my dreams and I've always had the ability to know I'm dreaming and to change them as I see fit. I can also wake myself up if I need to. It's just natural to me to be able to do so.

Last night I dreamt about a friend of mine and while talking to him I decided to have him turn blonde with long hair and change his outfit.

So how did your friend react to realising that you possessed magical powers?
I so didnt know that was what I do all the time!! If theres a dream that I want to carry on like being in a mysterious jungle of Im in a room with the hot dude from CSI and I totally wanna finish with him, I just lie back down and Lucid dream! It works it really does!! hehe!!

xxmwahxx
Reply 52
I hate lucid dreams.

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was in a pub except it wasn't an ordinary pub. Instead of serving beer they were serving breast milk. There were a bunch of naked ladies lying on couches with grown men suckling. I woke up feeling nauseous.
Reply 53
Lucid dreaming is fun. One time I automatically made myself jump really high and then I started to fly. It was really freaky but it was a good experience...even if it wasn't real!
Reply 54
Tennessee
well from what i've read, we tend to dream when we are in stage 5 of our sleep. REM. Rapid eye movement, roughly 90 minutes from falling asleep, but each sleep cycle is 100 minutes long, so we vividly dream for about ten minutes to begin with. But the more we sleep, stages 4 and 3 waver and so our dream stage increases the longer we sleep. We can dream at other times, but the most vivid are then

someones done their hwk! :eek: :biggrin:
Reply 55
nikk
That is a ludricrous statement with no scientific basis. If you wish to dispute my (and the rest of the scientific world's opinion), please reference your claims with the relevant primary literature. Otherwise, don't believe everything people tell you. Thank you.

wow wow relax budday.. i was just havin a bit of fun, no need to become a masterdebator
Reply 56
whackedman
I hate lucid dreams.

A few nights ago I dreamt that I was in a pub except it wasn't an ordinary pub. Instead of serving beer they were serving breast milk. There were a bunch of naked ladies lying on couches with grown men suckling. I woke up feeling nauseous.

dreams, naked ladies - mate i dont see anything 2 hate about tht :P
Reply 57
I dislike lucid dreams - after a long day, I just want to relax, and switch off - not effectively have to live out another day. It also makes it difficult sometimes to know if what you're experiencing is real or a dream - I once read somewhere that you should twist around, and if the scene changes, it's a dream. I tried it though, (in a dream that I knew was a dream) and it didn't work, I just felt like a fool. However, I find that if I stare hard at something in front of me, and will it to change, it will if it's a dream, but not in reality.

I'm the same as BlackHawk, I've almost always been able to do it. I learnt how after a series of really scary nightmares when i was about 4/5 - after that, nightmares held no power over me, because the minute a dream got loose from my control, and turned nasty, I would wake myself up.

I've also experienced sleep paralysis and hypnopompic hallucinations - one of which involved waking up to find myself in a burning inferno (sight and sound, but no smell or heat sensations). I can honestly say I've never been so scared in my life - although the logical part of me realised that (because I couldn't feel any heat from the fire, or smell it) it must be imaginary, the more gullible half of me was convinced I was about to die a horrible and painful death.

Be careful what you wish for :smile:
Princess Ana

I dislike lucid dreams - after a long day, I just want to relax, and switch off - not effectively have to live out another day. It also makes it difficult sometimes to know if what you're experiencing is real or a dream - I once read somewhere that you should twist around, and if the scene changes, it's a dream. I tried it though, (in a dream that I knew was a dream) and it didn't work, I just felt like a fool. However, I find that if I stare hard at something in front of me, and will it to change, it will if it's a dream, but not in reality.

I'm the same as BlackHawk, I've almost always been able to do it. I learnt how after a series of really scary nightmares when i was about 4/5 - after that, nightmares held no power over me, because the minute a dream got loose from my control, and turned nasty, I would wake myself up.

I've also experienced sleep paralysis and hypnopompic hallucinations - one of which involved waking up to find myself in a burning inferno (sight and sound, but no smell or heat sensations). I can honestly say I've never been so scared in my life - although the logical part of me realised that (because I couldn't feel any heat from the fire, or smell it) it must be imaginary, the more gullible half of me was convinced I was about to die a horrible and painful death.

Be careful what you wish for

When you find out how that works, will you please tell me?
Ever since I read this thread I haven't dreamt at all. Before, I could do things like this in my sleep, but on a much lower scale. I could control my own actions, always, but never anything else. One of the techniques, the MILD put me in temporary sleep paralysis and that's the furthest I've got.

I want my dreams back. :mad:

Latest

Trending

Trending