The Student Room Group

University choices help?!

I am currently studying Psychology, English literature and Law at A-level and am hoping to study psychology at university next year. I am predicted A*AA but realistically am aiming for AAA possibly AAB (I tend to plan for the worst outcome)! I am really struggling with picking universities to apply to and am desperate for any advice anyone has on the unis i am considering, or any that I havent!:confused: So far I am considering:

King's College London

Queen Mary's University

Exeter University

Royal Holloway

Reading University

Nottingham

UCL

Durham

Any advice would be great!!
UCL, Durham and KCL. They are really reputed. Choose two others from the list. Basically choose a uni where you will be satisfied to study in. Where you won't regret going to. Choose a university where students are happy and they got job easily after six months. Social aspect is a must. Check if your department is really strong or not. Employers would hire students from reputed unis first and then give priority to other universities.

I am not sure about QMU.
London is a great city but it is expensive to live in. You'll need to budget alot if you have a tight budget. Durham is a student city. Students are happy there. Exeter is also good. Although I've heard students complaining about posh students there. Students at nottingham are happy too.
Reply 3
Original post by NerdyMeg
London is a great city but it is expensive to live in. You'll need to budget alot if you have a tight budget. Durham is a student city. Students are happy there. Exeter is also good. Although I've heard students complaining about posh students there. Students at nottingham are happy too.

Thank you! My main concern with Durham was the social & night life, obviously the course & univeristy is a priority, but if I'm spending three years of my life there I need to balance these aspects and don't want to be bored!
Also, I have just found out that the course at KCL isn't accredited and I am SO dissapointed!:frown: I really don't know what to do now, KCL was my top choice!:confused:
Original post by Maddieb27
Thank you! My main concern with Durham was the social & night life, obviously the course & univeristy is a priority, but if I'm spending three years of my life there I need to balance these aspects and don't want to be bored!
Also, I have just found out that the course at KCL isn't accredited and I am SO dissapointed!:frown: I really don't know what to do now, KCL was my top choice!:confused:

Durham has a community feel. Its basically divided into colleges so you really know people from your college.

UCL is a good choice too.

Quick Reply

Latest