The Student Room Group

How many offers do you think you'll get?

Scroll to see replies

Good luck, all of you!

Posted from TSR Mobile
Kings and Liverpool so far. The other three yet to be found.

Only expecting Liverpool, Kings is there just... because it is.
Original post by loperdoper
They state their reqs to be AAA-AAB, and I'm hoping if my predicted come onto the lower end of the scale (AAB), then they're more likely to ask for interview/read my PS/consider other parts of my application, including the fact my sixth form often recieve contextual offers.

Oh right makes sense.:biggrin:
I applied for Drama and English at Sheffield, Kent, Oxford Brookes, Brunel, and Winchester.
Ideally I would get an offer from all 5 but realistically I think I will get offers from 3 or 4. Probably going to be rejected from Sheffield, but we will see.

Posted from TSR Mobile
On a gap year with results in the bag

Where are you applying to?

Sheffield, Newcastle, Cardiff, Exeter and one other lower offer

How many conditional offers do you think you'll receive?

I think 2 though hopefully 3.

How many unconditional?

1 maybe... but most likely none
Original post by TwoLimes
We're a rare but marvellous breed (;

I notice one of your choices is Reading; coincidentally that was where my one offer was. The course wasn't for me - but the campus was stunning, and I genuinely miss the area.

It was the first uni I was interested when I began looking into this a year ago. There are a lot of things I like about it. It isn't my top pick, but I think I would be very happy there.
Original post by 2en1
Did'nt you enjoy that degree because I'm considering it:s-smilie:

I did, I did. :grin:

The degree I took wasn't accredited by the BPS in the year that I started and, since no-one in my family has ever been to university and I didn't understand the implications of that, I just rolled with it! Of course, this means there are very few jobs I can pick up in psychology, however, so I see my second degree more as 're-training', with an obvious endgame.
I'll hopefully get 4, and then Oxford is unknown :P
Original post by Desperation
It doesnt mean anything, i got offers from 5/5 then got rejected from all of them when results came out ( lol )

:console: Try again?

Original post by TwoLimes
Mature student applying for Lancaster, MMU and UoM to study English lit, American studies or creative writing (a combination of two of the three at each institute).

Applied in 2009 straight after a-levels and only got one offer, so I'm hoping to fare slightly better this time round with 80+% results in OU credits in my back pocket... I'd be pretty gutted if I didn't get an offer from any of them..

:biggrin: That sounds great. :smile: You should get offers. :smile: :yy: I kind of wish I'd gone as a mature student!

Original post by sarcasmrules
Oxford, Southampton, UCL, Warwick, York.

I'm expecting 4 conditional offers :tongue:

:woo: Good luck! What are you studying?

Original post by WishIHadRevised
Applied to Liverpool/Bristol/Cardiff/Keele for medicine... I would like 1 but let's face it, I'll probably get 0. :P

Oi, we don't want that kind of negativity in this thread. :tongue: Why do you think you'll get 0....? :frown:
Nottingham, Manchester, Leicester, Cass and Sheffield. They're all risky for me, so we'll see.
Original post by Exceptional
Nottingham, Manchester, Leicester, Cass and Sheffield. They're all risky for me, so we'll see.

What are you applying for? I hope it all goes well for you :woo:
Original post by Freudian Slip
Sucker for punishment... :sadnod:

My first degree is in Psychology and English Language, so I suppose it speaks for itself why the turnaround in my career choice. :teehee:

Wait... I plan on applying to psychology :s-smilie: why the turnaround?
What do you guys reckon the odds are of getting an offer for AAA from a uni that asks for AAA if predicted AAB? do they generally just not even consider these applications?
Original post by Puddles the Monkey
What are you applying for? I hope it all goes well for you :woo:

Thanks! Financial Economics/similar courses, most with a year in industry.

Posted from TSR Mobile
Original post by nectempus
What do you guys reckon the odds are of getting an offer for AAA from a uni that asks for AAA if predicted AAB? do they generally just not even consider these applications?

As long as you're within shouting distance they'll consider you. AAB is fine. :smile:

Posted from TSR Mobile
I just sent my application off. Now the waiting begins!
Original post by Coffeetime

Eeeeeeh! :woo:

How exciting! :cookie:
Original post by Coffeetime

What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile
What's your first choice?

Posted from TSR Mobile

Notts or Warwick, I think. Haha.

What are your AS grades?

I firmed and currently study Investment & Financial Risk Management at Cass (first year). I applied with AABC and achieved A*A*A at A levels.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending