The Student Room Group
Reply 1
Would you ask a tutor to look over your work before you handed it in?
There are undoubtedly sites that do as you ask.

You could PM your essay to someone, or post the general outline in the relevant academic help forum and get general tips.

However, I don't think we should really be tutoring you and improving your essay, because that would count as cheating in examiner's and teacher's books.
Reply 3
...because that would count as cheating in examiner's and teacher's books.

And in mine too.
Reply 4
i meant, doing the same as they do with the personal statement. What you guys do with the PS is not considered cheating ,why would it be considered cheating if you do it to an essay ?
Because a personal statement is not meant to have been completed by you and you alone. It isn't meant to contain your own ideas and thoughts, and some help is expected, whereas an essay is meant to be your work and yours alone else it would have been influenced or plagiarised.
Reply 6
Also, your PS doesn't get marked and counted towards your end examination result.
Reply 7
Congoking
i meant, doing the same as they do with the personal statement. What you guys do with the PS is not considered cheating ,why would it be considered cheating if you do it to an essay ?

a personal statement is what it says a statement about oneself. Nowhere does it declare it has to be done by the individual and no one else. An essay is your work, and thus, you cannot justify getting help on it

Latest

Trending

Trending