The Student Room Group

ff

hh
(edited 8 months ago)
Original post by munif.quadri07
i flopped english lan but all my other gcse are mostly 5 or above

Different sixth forms have different policies - there is no nationwide approach which mandates a minimum grades in GCSE English, although I would expect that many sixth forms would expect higher than a 3 - especially if the A levels you want to study are at all essay-based. (Are they?)

Have a look at the web sites for some sixth forms local to you and check their entry criteria.
Original post by DataVenia
Different sixth forms have different policies - there is no nationwide approach which mandates a minimum grades in GCSE English, although I would expect that many sixth forms would expect higher than a 3 - especially if the A levels you want to study are at all essay-based. (Are they?)

Have a look at the web sites for some sixth forms local to you and check their entry criteria.

na btec lvl 3 extended diplomia
heres the requirment
http://www.greatfieldsschool.com/?page_id=11167
(edited 10 months ago)
Reply 3

for Sixth form, if they accept you, they would make you do gcse english resit.
na btec lvl 3 extended diplomia
heres the requirment
http://www.greatfieldsschool.com/?page_id=11167

A BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma is classed as a vocational qualification. According to the page you have linked to, that means a GCSE grade 4 or higher in English is required. I suggest that you contact them about the possibility of gaining entry with a grade 3, and potentially re-taking it alongside your BTEC.

Do you do English lit?
gfd
(edited 8 months ago)
A BTEC Level 3 National Extended Diploma is classed as a vocational qualification. According to the page you have linked to, that means a GCSE grade 4 or higher in English is required. I suggest that you contact them about the possibility of gaining entry with a grade 3, and potentially re-taking it alongside your BTEC.

okay i will, ill let u know what they say
Every 6 form is different. You should email some teachers of the a levels u wanna pick and ask the entry requirements.

they have let me in with a retake

That's great news. Thanks for letting us know. :smile:

(Well, letting you in without the retake would have been even better, but with the retake is better than not at all!)
Reply 11

Yeah, just like I thought would happen! Congrats :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest